• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Fairway reccomendations

thebrownmule

Bogey Member
Hey guys-

I've been playing around 2 years now and have started trying to fine tune my game. I throw approx 325-350 on drives with my flatter innova champ bosses rhfh on a regular basis. That said, on shorter tight wooded courses I find my drives lacking a bit when I try back handing on left turning holes. Can anyone reccomend a good general purpose fairway driver from innova that does straight with slight fade and tight s curves? I have read about all of them (ie eagle leopard banshee teebird etc) but have only thrown a beat to crap eagle and a leopard. Preferably something in dx is what I'm looking for. Thanks

Ps if this thread is mis categorized feel free to move it

Leo is all purpose and star/pro can break into a rh turn/roller in time. Teebird is straight, solid lh fade. Eagle is tight s-curve on flat release or straight with fade on hyzer power shot. Buy all three and see which works best for you. I run one of each in champ in my bag and one rh only pro leo.

Teebird
/Thread

HATE IT when people say this.

Teebird though, is correct. And that's coming from the guy obsessed with gazelles.

Teebird fits what you want perfectly. A nice low weight one, like high 160s. I prefer the pro ones myself, but, any plastic would work other then DX.

Discmania FD. S-line ( straight to flippy ) and C-line ( straight w/ some fade) to cover all fairway shots. I know its not technically Innova but they are molded and stamped by them.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was thinking tbird but have never thrown one so I wasn't sure.

Why do u say any plastic other than dx?? (To phillymatt)

Oh and btw discmania works too. I like them

HATE IT when people say this.

Teebird though, is correct. And that's coming from the guy obsessed with gazelles.

Teebird fits what you want perfectly. A nice low weight one, like high 160s. I prefer the pro ones myself, but, any plastic would work other then DX.

I thought Teebirds don't come in pro? Anyways a DX Teebird will beat in and get real flippy on you really fast, which won't be what you're looking for based on the flight you said you wanted. I would get champ or star.

I thought Teebirds don't come in pro? Anyways a DX Teebird will beat in and get real flippy on you really fast, which won't be what you're looking for based on the flight you said you wanted. I would get champ or star.

Pro Teebirds are no longer in regular production. Though you can still get Pro Birds from disc collectors & from the Innova Factory Store http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/pro-tb.html

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was thinking tbird but have never thrown one so I wasn't sure.

Why do u say any plastic other than dx?? (To phillymatt)

Oh and btw discmania works too. I like them

Because as soon as you get that dx disc perfect, itll start to flip. You want a plastic that will stay consistent as long as possible.

Dont get me wrong, i love dx plastic. But not for a teebird.