• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Fake Team Innova Stamps

Jay Dub

* Ace Member *
Seems there's been some fake "Team Innova" stamps put out on the market.
Would just like to inform everyone about these so you're aware when buying them in the future.

Brendon Hampton
5 hrs
Hey, I want to apologize for any harm I have done and want to set the record straight on this matter.

1. I asked Craig Myers to make me the stamp to use on my own discs. He told me no and a week or two later I found the stamp ready to go at the shop. I intended to only stamp my personal discs for use on the course. They were never intended for public sale but I made a horrible mistake and this was the outcome. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused.

2. There are rumors swirling that Travis Edwards, Camden Gibbs and Dustin Schacht were involved in this and I wish to say that all three of these people were 100% not involved. Travis in fact has never been to the shop at all since I've been associated with Zing or Cahill's so whoever is spreading the rumors needs to stop immediately.

Thank you for your time.

Craig Myers
6 hrs

I would like to release a statement regarding the fake "Team Innova" stamp that has appeared on several discs on the internet. I made the stamp as a favor for whom I thought was a friend to be used ONLY on his personal discs, not to be resold or solicited as an official factory item, but only to stamp and identify his own throwing discs. It appears that the individual betrayed a friendship and trust of me to use for his own personal gain. Yes. I made a mistake, and I apologize to everyone.
Additionally, I would like to clear Cahill's Disc Golf of any connection with this activity. Zing and Cahill's operate as separate entities, and all equipment used to fabricate the items are wholly owned by me.
I apologize to the community for this wrongdoing, and wish to come forward with this statement. The intent was to give a friend a gift and not to damage any reputation of any company or individual that has been affected by this.

Innova Fake Team Stamp.JPG

Innova Fake Team Stamp a.JPG

I'm a bit confused. Brendon says Craig said no, he wouldn't do it; then Craig says he did it as a favor. Entirely contradicting accounts? I know neither of these people, but it seems as though somebody is lying. Was Brendon's mistake asking to have it done in the first place? Are there details not mentioned in the appy-polly loggies?
I refuse to do anything on fakebook, so maybe I could get more of the story there, but I won't.

I'm a bit confused. Brendon says Craig said no, he wouldn't do it; then Craig says he did it as a favor. Entirely contradicting accounts? I know neither of these people, but it seems as though somebody is lying. Was Brendon's mistake asking to have it done in the first place? Are there details not mentioned in the appy-polly loggies?
I refuse to do anything on fakebook, so maybe I could get more of the story there, but I won't.
Craig Myers runs Zing Mini Discs. I think he rents space in the same building as Cahill's Disc Golf Store. From what I can tell, the kid Brendon hung around Cahill's and helped out with things as I think Cahill's is a one-man show. I think Zing is also a one-man show so if this kid Brendon was helping Jesse out he probably was helping Craig out as well. Craig probably told the kid he wouldn't make the stamp and then changed his mind and did it as a "thank you". The kid then stamped his own discs with it, supposedly as an identifying marker. So far as Craig would have known, that was what was going on.

Then the kid made up a story about buying a lot of discs from a team member at Idlewild and sold the discs he stamped with the fake stamp as actual Team Innova discs. I think Craig probably shouldn't have made the stamp, but he didn't have anything to do with the sale of the fakes.

Oh. Well alrighty then. Thank you three putt for the info. Being completely in the dark about the whole thing, I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Agree the stamp shouldn't of been made in the first place, but when you decide to trust someone, sometimes poor judgement is used. Brendon should definitely not have lied about the origins of the discs. That's just a good way to eliminate any trust that existed in the first place.

That was 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back...jeez.

Just 5 mins?

Sadly though in another post somewhere on the 3 threads a person posted a screenshot of a message that was sent to craig about the fake stamps and he denied knowing anything about it.

So who knows what the truth is...

View attachment 67011

Left one is the fake stamp, right one is real.

9vcajp.jpg

So there is just a very small number of the counterfeit discs? Does that make them collectible? :)

Latest posts