• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Farthest you've ever traveled for a round

my friends and i regularly travel 2+ hours to go play. but usually we cram more than 1-2 rounds in there. leave before the sun rises and dont leave the course until it sets. plenty of time for lots of golf.

I've played 19 courses now within an hour or less from my house. Will take a road trip one day.

All Day, you need to grab DyeingToPlay and come play some of the Cincinnati courses. I'm pretty sure we could get a group from DGCR to 'tour guide' ya! :p

Plainfield to Merrillville last sept for the hidden lake open. plainfield to Lemon Lake for the Indiana states in june.
Gotta drive to Valpo this year. States are at rogers lakewood. may drive up the day before and practice and make a weekend out of it.

Drove to Madison, WI to play 3 courses in 1 day. The drive was about 2.5 hours.

1200 miles. I live across the bridge from Charleston, SC and played a sanctioned tournament in Mosinee, WI at a great course last year because I was there for work. I have also played sanctioned tournaments in Newton, PA and at Rutgers in NJ while living in Charleston due to being in those areas for work. I know lots of people travel a lot further when playing Worlds or in Europe or Japan.

Furthest I believe I've ever set out on a destination disc golf trip to play is probably 4 ½ hours to play Flyboy in GA, driving from Nashville, TN. Was it worth it, absolutely it's Flyboy!! Next weekend I have a trip planned to Kingsport, TN to play Harmon Hills and it's actually about 12 miles further than Flyboy. Notice the pattern here? I'm only driving that far for a good course and not for any average course. I'll play those average courses when I just happen in the area and have time.

Plain ride from Denver to Detroit to play my ex home courses and a couple that I never played when I lived there. :D

OP, when do you typically come down to the Denver area to play?

I drove from Oregon to Iowa City with a 9 hour blizzard detour - the drive from Pete Wade's in Grand Junction, CO to Des Moines was ok, but unloading and dropping the u-haul for 2 hours and driving the last 1.5 hrs was brutal! I arrived 1/2hour before tee time and almost didn't play after a 22 hour (slow snow) straight drive - I had to play!

15 minutes before the final round was over a 50mph front hit (probably part of the blizzard I ran from). Lightning struck and they called us in. Lightning struck. Lightning struck. Over an hour later we went back out to play our last hole. Fortunately, friends drove my car the last hour to Rock, IL - 34 hours of sleep deprivation is a trip!

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/6619

Last edited:
I've flown from Cali to Wisconsin to play Highbridge complex. I've also driven a thousand miles in one day probably 10 times for road trips

From Phoenix to LA Area to play Oak Grove. Left at midnight, played three rounds and then drove right back. Great trip, great day, but very exhausting!!

I went on a road trip (solo) last year from Madison to San Diego and back, where disc golf was my number one priority. I also went to Deadwood, Yellowstone, the Redwoods, my Mom's in San Diego, and Walter White's house, but other than that it was pretty much pure DG (and some eating and shopping).

This is what I played:

Spearfish Canyon in Spearfish SD.
Energy Rotary club in Gilette, WY
Mt. Bachelor in Oregon
Beachfront park in Crescent City, CA
Golden Gate Park in San Fran
Morley Field in San Diego
Buffalo Ridge in PHX
Brent Baca Memorial in ABQ
Rita Blanca in Dalhart, TX
Waterworks, Kessler (Cliff Drive), and Rosedale in KC

The trip was 15 days and 5,628 miles in total. I plan on doing a trip of the same length (in time), but shorter distance out to the East coast this year. I am trying to play a round in every state, so this will give me a chance to knock off a ton of New England states.

Probably around 100 miles just to play disc golf.

I drove 5 hours to Cedar Hills in Nashville one day to play golf in warmer weather. I played a couple rounds then drove back home.

A buddy and myself went over 2000 miles one way from Iowa City to CenCal to play at Delaveaga... that was when I was extremely green to the game. That was also when I truly fell in love with the sport of Disc Golf.

Back in my early years I traveled to the Florida Triple Crown. That's about 1000 miles one way.

We made the 100 mile day trip to Huntsville this year to play 3 courses. We've also made the 1hr 30min trip up to Holler in the Hills a few times.
I drove by myself 100 miles to Madisonville, KY about a month ago to avoid storms, and I was prepared to go all the way to Evansville, IN.

I've played a few courses while vacationing, but I still haven't broken the popular 2hr/100 mile day trip threshold. I want to travel further, especially for high rated courses. Idlewild, Harmon Hills and FlyBoy are on the list, and we're waiting for Camp Jordan to open back up before making the Chattanooga trip.

Once a year I do the 2h & 35min one way to Paw Paw, WV from Baltimore. Play the Whippin' Post and The Woodshed, then stop at Tari's in Berkeley Springs for some wings and a brew before heading home....totally worth the drive:)

2.5 hours, NE Ohio to Deer Lakes / Moraine SP / Knob Hill in western PA. Miss those courses a ton.

Latest posts