• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Favorite discontinued discs/molds/plastics?

FLX Buzzz, Banshee in general (EXP-X shouldn't exist...just produce the damn Banshee), OG Tank, didn't the Tursas or Fuse get discontinued?, DX BB Aviar, Medium Wizards, FLs, SLs, P-PDs, Nebulas (Bro-D shoutout!!!), Drones in most plastics, Surge SS, Avenger, APX, Cyclone, Gazelle, ummmm...should I keep going?

Did an FLX Comet ever exist?

giphy.gif

This is a great list. I would add regular Surge and clarify that not just Banshees but flat (at least not pop topped garbage like the latest run) Banshees need a comeback.

I don't think the Fuse or Tursas are OOPed.

Old Pro-d plastic from discraft, loved the bar stamp challenger and 3 chain magnet era of base plastic.

The plastic from the 8x KCRocs...

quality and durable baseline plastic at its best...

Banshees were close, but the rest of the drivers were closer to the SE plastic

9x plastic was okay, but not as good IMO...

but was available in KCRoc and KCAviars, again drivers were closer to SE plastic

by 10x, the plastic was not any good for any of the KC line IMO...
but did start to go more Champion line...

Discraft X2 - my first "modern" disc. I think I threw a Marauder and Gazelle before I got it.

Gateway SpeedDemon - if they had ever made the original scalloped rim version not warp when it hit a tree it would have been a Firebird killer for me. Loved them but they just didnt last very long.

Discraft X2 - my first "modern" disc. I think I threw a Marauder and Gazelle before I got it.

Gateway SpeedDemon - if they had ever made the original scalloped rim version not warp when it hit a tree it would have been a Firebird killer for me. Loved them but they just didnt last very long.

The speed demon that didn't have the dimple top was amazing, but you are right that gummy plastic was not very durable.

For real this is my current bag. I carry many OOP discs but not on purpose!

drivers
Hurricane (Proline)
Rogue (Proline)
Roadrunner (gstar)
Avenger SS (esp)
undertaker (z)

forehand
150 class flick (z/Ti) <-- try to find a 150 class flick last ten years
150 class Photon (fission)
zone (Ti)

fairway drivers
Cyclone (ESP) <-- OOP I also have z and cyclone plastic
Stratus (x) <--OOP?

midrange
Gremlin (s line) <-- OOP
Buzzz SS (z)

putters
magic (ss)
Keystone
#2 Upshot (base plastic) <-- OOP

Good news I have stock of all my OOP discs.

I've only heard horror stories about the Gremlin(no pun intended).

For real this is my current bag. I carry many OOP discs but not on purpose!

drivers
Hurricane (Proline)
Rogue (Proline)
Roadrunner (gstar)
Avenger SS (esp)
undertaker (z)

forehand
150 class flick (z/Ti) <-- try to find a 150 class flick last ten years
150 class Photon (fission)
zone (Ti)

fairway drivers
Cyclone (ESP) <-- OOP I also have z and cyclone plastic
Stratus (x) <--OOP?

midrange
Gremlin (s line) <-- OOP
Buzzz SS (z)

putters
magic (ss)
Keystone
#2 Upshot (base plastic) <-- OOP

Good news I have stock of all my OOP discs.

Infinite had a run of 145-150 Cryztal Flicks. They're board flat and super beefy. There is 31 remaining as I type this. They've also got some ESP Cyclones. They're pricey, but still better and probably less breakable than your OOP runs.

The original mold that Innova ran in dx and pro line is one of my favorite mid ranges. What have you heard?

Mostly stuff related to the Discmania mold. Basically heard the rim is real funky and it's stuck between a mid and a driver and doesn't really perform either job.

I haven't actually seen or thrown one so I can't speak for myself but if you like it that's cool too!

I don't think that the newer discmania ones are the same mold. The ones I throw are very mid range feeling in the hand but with a more shallow rim depth. They're like a faster OS stingray with a bead to me. They def top my list of discontinued molds in the proline plastic. Pretty much impossible to find. If anyone has one let me know.

I noticed Innova started doing the Metal Flake runs again in most molds except the VRoc.

I have been throwing a MF VRoc I paid a not-so-cheap amount for and I absolutely love this thing.

It flies slightly different than a Star plastic VRoc but also it seems to be dome-ier than the regular Champion plastic ones.

I just wonder why Innova is putting out new MF Teebirds, Roc3s, Gators, and Teebird3's but not the VRoc, Destroyer, or Katana.

Latest posts