• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Favorite discontinued discs/molds/plastics?

Omega 1.2 ..... i gave away 5 with custom stamps i got from Rick Rothstein (of Disc Golf World News) in winners bundles in a tournament i ran in the mid-90's. i kept one (with a players package Worlds stamp ) for my self and sold another identical one to a friend. i putted with it exclusively for 7 years til i gave it to Tony Bowers (Logans dad) and he used it til it broke. best putter i ever had.

XL and Impact from Discraft. Impact not nearly as much as I could use a Glide in Z for same shot almost identicaly if I run out of Impact discs. I loved XL as it was what an Eagle should be in X mold when new and not Pro D. I had to move to a Stalker which if not for Page Pierce going back to Discraft, mold probably would have been stopped being made as would all fairway discs moving Mantis up from 8 to 9 speed just to keep a Valkyrie like disc in the Discraft lineup.

Innova, Archon is another I am pissed a being gone but I got a few backup in Star around 167--169 grams, Champion is POS 0 glide.

A Plastic I was going to try was Innova's Echo Star but as soon as it was out it was gone a few years later only added to some pro players limited run disc in Star plastic they wanted a specific mold in. I was going to get a mold I used in Echo star when I found out about the plastic in 2014 but was removed soon after. Innova was supposed to be making Valkyrie in Echo Star soon or remake in Echo Star after initial single run, but plastic was discontinued/moved sponsored pro players discs before discs got a chance.

Starfire is a great mold that no one seems to throw anymore. Once up on a time they were super popular. None of those other molds really were.

Archon is underrated as a slightly flippier Wraith variant.

IMO Colossus and Firestorm should be ditched as well. Not very good molds, and zero popularity.
Banshee Was used about as much as a Starfire where I live.

Archon in Star Flies like a Beefier run of Valkyrie only longer. Archon in Champion soon stopped right after I bought mine has 0 glide especially in almost no dome like mine the way majority of Champion Archon came out of mold.

Oooohhh.

That sounds amazing. I wish I could've thrown one of those.

Or still could throw one I guess. Stupid boutique runs. Camo, slick ESP Wasps don't fit the bill.
My Dad has an early 2000's Pro D model but he could also use Elite Z/Z plastic provided he had hot car the disc and did not end up like some runs of Z where disc when exposed like this get outer layer greasy with no way of removing greasy feeling.

MVP Amp.

And though I wasn't playing while it was in production I've grown to love the Discraft APX.

DD Suspect - I have my last one in a small bag I keep at my mother's place for when I visit her and play the hometown dg course. For some reason it just works as an approach disc and an os mid.

First run tridents were amazing, even in that terrible dead grass color. Opto back then was also indestructible. I also miss 1.2 olfs. The new ones are too flippy.

For years and to this day my favorite "distance putter" has been the Innova VROC. I'm never sure how to pronounce that disc's name. Is it VEE-rok or v'rok? From outside the circle I have had the most throw-in birdies and par saves with that simple DX plastic VROC than any other disc in my bag. It feels familiar and natural in my hand, and I'm really disappointed that they aren't in production anymore. From Innova's discontinued storefront I recently purchased a VROC in Star plastic because it is the only option they have left. It doesn't feel the same, but maybe I'll throw it one day.

Also, I really enjoyed flicking the Innova Starfire. I guess I've replaced it with the Invictus now, but I remember enjoying the results I would get with that disc.

Spider all day - luckily they recently released some Artists Corner star ones but my horde of gummy green ones from around 08 will have to be pried from my cold, dead hands before I give them up.

I miss discraft elite pro plastic. It was like X plastic but not as stiff and slippery. Sone Elite pro almost had a chalky feel to it... I still grab any old XLs that pop up

For years and to this day my favorite "distance putter" has been the Innova VROC. I'm never sure how to pronounce that disc's name. Is it VEE-rok or v'rok? From outside the circle I have had the most throw-in birdies and par saves with that simple DX plastic VROC than any other disc in my bag. It feels familiar and natural in my hand, and I'm really disappointed that they aren't in production anymore. From Innova's discontinued storefront I recently purchased a VROC in Star plastic because it is the only option they have left. It doesn't feel the same, but maybe I'll throw it one day.

Also, I really enjoyed flicking the Innova Starfire. I guess I've replaced it with the Invictus now, but I remember enjoying the results I would get with that disc.
DX VRoc are still in the full production section here https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/dx-vroc/
F2 DX VRocs are still available here as well https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/dx-vroc-factory-second/

Guess they did remove the VRoc from their flight chart/list of molds on this page Mid-Range Discs - Innova Disc Golf

Last edited:
DD Suspect - I have my last one in a small bag I keep at my mother's place for when I visit her and play the hometown dg course. For some reason it just works as an approach disc and an os mid.
I've continuously bagged the same Lucid Suspect for years now for the reasons you mentioned. Very reliable, and not as OS as its similarly numbered counterparts in other manufacturers

I'm not sure of the exact story here, but I think these are back in production? Just a couple weeks ago a retailer here in Calgary had a brand new stack of Lucid Suspect molds to my surprise. And in recent history they crop up as signature / touring discs every now and then.