• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Favorite discontinued discs/molds/plastics?

Rip the original esp plastic the new stuff is measurably more stiff less grippy and less durable.

Disc wise I miss the dga titanic(sink putts).

XL and Impact from Discraft. Impact not nearly as much as I could use a Glide in Z for same shot almost identicaly if I run out of Impact discs. I loved XL as it was what an Eagle should be in X mold when new and not Pro D. I had to move to a Stalker which if not for Page Pierce going back to Discraft, mold probably would have been stopped being made as would all fairway discs moving Mantis up from 8 to 9 speed just to keep a Valkyrie like disc in the Discraft lineup.

Innova, Archon is another I am pissed a being gone but I got a few backup in Star around 167--169 grams, Champion is POS 0 glide.

A Plastic I was going to try was Innova's Echo Star but as soon as it was out it was gone a few years later only added to some pro players limited run disc in Star plastic they wanted a specific mold in. I was going to get a mold I used in Echo star when I found out about the plastic in 2014 but was removed soon after. Innova was supposed to be making Valkyrie in Echo Star soon or remake in Echo Star after initial single run, but plastic was discontinued/moved sponsored pro players discs before discs got a chance.
I also miss Lighting #2 Upshot in Prostyle plastic, I still have my 166 gram disc when new and I was supposed to From Got to Go Got to Throw in 2021 a backup at 167 grams but got a 176 gram by mistake that when weighed was 175.1 grams as when order was filled, disc was gone. Now this means heavier disc is more a backup for my Pro Shark when that disc ends up too much like my #2 Upshot in Prostyle plastic when it goes in my beginner/spare person bag. I have had my first #2 Upshot since 2005 and has never died yet so I am not worried about disc ever dying yet.

Last edited:
Rip the original esp plastic the new stuff is measurably more stiff less grippy and less durable.

Disc wise I miss the dga titanic(sink putts).
I have 2 DGA Titanic in Proline plastic a more beat in for short and a more better shape for long, as well as 2 good backups and an okay 3rd one with a small dent in one spot. I got them for obstructed putting where my main older stamp Jawbreaker putters with Sharpie line for old Pro D stamp (thumb placement) are not durable enough. I also have used a few times my Proline Titanic as an approach disc when I needed a really slow frisbee like approach that my 2005 Lighting #2 Upshot 166 grams when new in Prostyle can do but is faster due to disc design.

I miss the old, domey Comet mold. It was a lot fussier than the current one, because it was a lot more understable, but I can't help but feel like it was better. I've been throwing new Comets alongside my old LE ESP one for about a year and a half now, and I feel like the newer ones won't have the same glide - even if they do eventually beat into the same flippiness...

Latitude 64 Opto-G line of overmoded discs.

I've only tried the Gobi & Fuji, since they were before I started disc golf. Both are great.

Latest posts