• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] favorite discraft driver?

Avengers in X - even though X Plastic dings up quickly & Wildcat in Z - which for my money flies about as straight and far as any disc out there

the only discraft discs that i own, or that i've thrown for that matter, are the XL, Stalker, Predator, Buzz and Drone, all in Z plastic. haven't even thrown the Predator yet.

don't have a favorite driver yet but the Buzz is the $hit.

to all the discraft throwers, any quintessential discraft drivers that a dude with not too big of an arm should try throwing?

to all the discraft throwers, any quintessential discraft drivers that a dude with not too big of an arm should try throwing?

The Cyclone is THE quintessential discraft driver. It ruled the roost in the early to mid 90's, and is a standard in many players bags. It was one of the first discs I owned, and will always have a place in my bag. It is also one of the easiest to control, and has super predictable flight patterns. It is slightly overstable when new, and beats in to a nice straight disc, then a good turnover after much abuse. With some of the recent advances in disc technology, this disc has become more of a fairway driver, than a max distance driver.

I like the surge ss flx esp as well. I also throw the flash really well even though I know a lot of people aren't big fans of this disc

The Cyclone is THE quintessential discraft driver. It ruled the roost in the early to mid 90's, and is a standard in many players bags. It was one of the first discs I owned, and will always have a place in my bag. It is also one of the easiest to control, and has super predictable flight patterns. It is slightly overstable when new, and beats in to a nice straight disc, then a good turnover after much abuse. With some of the recent advances in disc technology, this disc has become more of a fairway driver, than a max distance driver.
QFT!

ESP XL for BH ... though the Stalker is creeping up on it
Z Predator or Z Flick for FH

I've only actually thrown a Surge SS, but I absolutely love it and it immediately took the spot in my bag as my go-to distance driver. I have a Stratus and Discraft lists it as a driver, but I consider (and throw it) more like a mid.

I really do need to try some more Discraft drivers, but my bag is filled with Innova ones. Maybe I'll get lucky and lose one this weekend.