• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Fav 2020

air show

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Only bagged 8 new courses in 2020. Of those eight I plan on playing four of those again.

Pittsfield Lake, IL.
Foundation Park Champ, Centralia IL.
Mahr Park Champ, Madisonville KY.
Madisonville City Park DGC.

Of those four Mahr Park Champ would have to be my favorite Fav of 2020. It was my first H.B Clark course and am looking forward to playing more courses designed by him. Mahr Park Champ is a serious course with all the fixings. I know 8 new courses is weak compared to some of you legendary course baggers but was wondering what might be some of your favorite new courses played in 2020. Hope everyone has a great 2021 and many new courses played.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8359

I bagged 113 new ones last year I think. My most by far. Lots of great ones including Foundation. Hard to pick just one.

Harmony Bends
Moraine
No Boundary
Deer Lakes
Woodshed
Whippin Post
Tjader Acres
Clark's Run
Orange Crush
Jamestown Reservoir

All are fantastic.

I got to 16 new ones this year, Tom Triplett, Westside, Lake Russell and V-Rock were all stand outs but I think Westside was probably my favorite new one.

Got out to Wildhorse this year. Loved it

Waller Mill Park in Williamsburg, Virginia. Its a ravine type course with several elevated tees. No. 5-10 wraps around a lake is the most scenic and difficult 6-hole stretch I've played so far. It's an hour away, but its on my course rotation.

the most beautiful new course i played this year was judson mine in buhl mn (pics do not do it justice on here)

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=10124

the most over rated course that turned out to be shyt was giants ridge in biwabik mn which is rated at 4.29 and rated top 5 in mn and really played at a 1.50

both were in the same trip

wow, i just realized how badly 2020 went for me. only 8 new courses and 1 practice area. all of them were average-ish and i wouldn't go out of my way to play any of them again.

at least i got one new state out of the year (NM)

I probably played more than I have any previous year, but I only played the 4 courses closest to my home.

Maybe this year...

I'm surprised I got 8 new courses in 2020. Only had 2 new courses in 2019 due to injury. I guess 2020 was better in that regard, although not much.
Grip-er Rip-er in PA was probably my favorite - golf carts and beer! The rest were kind of a let down.

Looks like I hit 13 new courses this year. Checked out some of the AM Worlds courses from 2019, as well as some of the 2021 AM Worlds courses.

A few notable ones include:

Quakers Challenge
Lake Hiawatha Preserve
The Tracks
Green Valley
T2- The Turkeynator

I played 45 new courses in 2020, 10 more then my previous best year and that was with cancelling trips to Columbia and Nashville.

My favorites of these were:

Diavolo @ New Hope - Cary - a great course that is only going to get better.
Jackson - Hendersonville - a mountain course in the Asheville area.
Keeley - Greensboro - also a championship level course
Dorothea Dix - Raleigh - a pop-up course in a beautiful park, so much potential!
Fort Lee - Petersburg, VA area - average course on an active base, cool experience.

Of the 45, 11 were brand new courses in 2020, mostly in NC. The game is still growing here.

Also, I added 3 or 4 courses on here, earned that achievement!! :thmbup:

My favorite new course for 20 was the Talon course at Raptor's Roost in Gordonsville, VA. I prefer it slightly to the Wing course which is on the same property. Facility also has a par 2 course and pro shop which are open and will have a bar and grill and golf carts at some point this Spring.

Latest posts