• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite female player?

I just wanted to clarify from my previous post that my favorite female disc golfer is.....any woman willing to pick up a disc and chuck it down the fairway with a smile on their face. I find (like most of you should) that there's something special about a woman that isn't afraid completely immerse herself in a predominately male environment. Their willingness to tolerate mosquitos, ticks, ivy, gnats, male body odor....makes them above and beyond attractive.

I will have to revise my "favorite" female player though....I was introduced to the game of disc golf at a putting clinic put on by the legend Juliana Korver.....she left a huge impression on me and is a main reason for my obsession with this sport.

Also, without the passion for disc that Iowa legend and disc golf Hall of Famer Becky Z. had for this sport, I wouldn't be able to play half the courses, or tournaments that Iowa has to offer today....and she was the main reason the Des Moines 2004 joint Worlds is still considered today as one of the most successful Worlds in history. Keep it up ladies :clap:

I was honestly amazed by the vast improvement that Holly Finley appears to have made, at least statistically speaking. Her average rating from her seven rounds at worlds was 945, almost 50 points above her current 897 rating. That's tremendous. I'm hoping that someone filmed one of her rounds so that we can see how her game looks now. I wonder if she's still throwing a bunch of blizzard plastic...?

I am not. I've migrated to Star plastic.

If it's a favorite player based on looks, gotta go with my mrs. But I really like Catrina Allen playing wise. Her form is crazy. I love watching her drive. It's so weird but so good

I think that Elaine King is among the 10 best disc golfers of all time... male or female. She has 6 World Champion titles (5 FPO, 1 FPM) and her longevity is simply incredible! Even after so many years, and with all of the stellar younger talent around today, Elaine is still one of the top 10 ranked female players in the world.

Also, I've always been a big Des Reading fan. She is a class act! Some of her tournaments with Juliana were epic contests.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Des Reading yet. During worlds she set bag down on a bald-headed hornet nest; rescued her bag, but got stung and left her disc. Finished her round, then reported the hornet nest to the TD. While he headed off to get some insect poison, she went back and retrieved her disc. No drama, just sweetness & light.

She and Jay are two of the nicest people I've met, definitely two great ambassadors of the sport.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Des Reading yet. During worlds she set bag down on a bald-headed hornet nest; rescued her bag, but got stung and left her disc. Finished her round, then reported the hornet nest to the TD. While he headed off to get some insect poison, she went back and retrieved her disc. No drama, just sweetness & light.

She and Jay are two of the nicest people I've met, definitely two great ambassadors of the sport.
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=back to back aces jay reading&sm=3

Truth. You can tell by his reaction to his ace in ^this^ video that he is a genuine guy. No arrogance, just excitement.

Better than I can say about other pro golfers...."Good putt. Good putt from the teepad...." :rolleyes:

I think that Elaine King is among the 10 best disc golfers of all time... male or female. She has 6 World Champion titles (5 FPO, 1 FPM) and her longevity is simply incredible! Even after so many years, and with all of the stellar younger talent around today, Elaine is still one of the top 10 ranked female players in the world.

Also, I've always been a big Des Reading fan. She is a class act! Some of her tournaments with Juliana were epic contests.

Another vote for elaine! Her longevity is quite impressive.

Actually, she did not get stung. I did. Right forearm, throwing hand.

She is one of my favorite females to toss with.

Hannah just gets zero respect
She shot the hottest of everyone during the middle rounds at her 1st Worlds
One day she will get the recognition

Hannah just gets zero respect
She shot the hottest of everyone during the middle rounds at her 1st Worlds
One day she will get the recognition

She does. She is on Team Innova and an awesome player! She's just under the radar and not many people outside of the northeast know about her.

Also, without the passion for disc that Iowa legend and disc golf Hall of Famer Becky Z. had for this sport, I wouldn't be able to play half the courses, or tournaments that Iowa has to offer today....and she was the main reason the Des Moines 2004 joint Worlds is still considered today as one of the most successful Worlds in history. Keep it up ladies :clap:[/QUOTE]

This. I was fortunate enough to meet and spend a good amount of time with Becky about six years ago. She was just a beautiful soul and shining star in this sport. Having met her later, I truly regret not making that Worlds. Along those lines, I'll throw out the First Lady of Ohio DG, Sharon Jenkins. Nothing sexier than a girl with a weed eater ;)

Very much so. When I won my Amateur World Championship in 2017, both of them made a point to come up and congratulate me. When we all played at U.S. Masters later that year, both of them again made a point to come up and say hi to me and chat, even though we had just met at Am World earlier that year.

It was one of the most awe-inspiring things to happen to me last year. Not ashamed at all to admit I was starstruck.

I picked four to fill out a card:

1. Madison Walker
2. Paige Bjerkaas
3. Kristin Tattar
4. Jennifer Allen