• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Mid-Range?

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
Ok, I know this is overdone, but what are peoples favorite mids and why?

I'm a huge fan of mids...I tend to drive with them, approach, and putt with them. I just love mids. It's a curse maybe...who knows.

Choose 1 (2 if you need to) and add its stats (ie: weight, design, age) and maybe tell why you like it so.

because I have a handful of Mid's but I am always curious about discs I have never thrown.

OK...I am a fan of (D=discraft; I=innova)
D-Buzz
D-Meteor
D-Comet
I-Panther
I-Mako

thats pretty much all I've thrown. and I've liked em all for different reasons

If I had to choose.

Buzzz Elite Z Blue w/ white circle 168g 1 year old.
I do have a 180 yellow Z buzzz for windy conditions etc. But I just love my blue buzzz.
2nd place goes to the Mako. 3rd Comet.

ok, so i tried to only mention 1...but its so hard.

OK, what do ya'll got?

I'm curious...what should I try next?

peace yo

(pic: thats me and my buddies from my hometown area playing in Winona, MN on an awesome day...doggies are with us...it was a couple years ago...one of few disc golf pic i actually have; im on the right...kickin it)

Attachments

• buzzzbl.jpg
    buzzzbl.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 36
  • olddisc.jpg
    olddisc.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 46
I haven't tried a mid yet that I didn't like. Lately, I've been diggin' on Buzzz's.

I still love my Discraft MRV's. All 6 of them still work great! 4 pros and 2 elite Z's. Hope to never loose them.

you love mids, but you've never thrown a Roc??? :confused: I know a lot of people that like the buzz but I always thought the Roc was the king of the mids. I prefer the KC Pro...nice and grippy.

Rhyno is a great, predictable approach disc with a unique rim profile, definitely worth a try. Although, My favorite approach disc is a Soft Magnet or a Soft Focus, discraft putters that have nice range.

Welcome to the forum ^

I have a huge mid fetish. I'm still in love with my Nebulas and I'm still angry @ Discraft for not putting these in production. A slightly domey Z Neb would be the greatest overstable mid of all time. I actually dreamed the other day that I became a DG god and Innova was trying their damndest to get me to throw their discs and my only condition was for them to copy the Nebula, which they did and they named it the Buzzzard to take the piss outta Discraft.

But I digress,

Rocs, Comets, Buzzz, they're all good. My underrated favorite mids are the QMS (if they made more stiff ones I'd throw these all the time) and Skeeters b/c it was the first mid I enjoyed throwing.

Really interested in the new Lat. 64 mid that came out, the Fuse.

for approach i use the breeze, meteor, challenger, and soft focus.

mainly the breeze at the moment but things change.

Ace Race Nebulas
Rocs (DX, then KC Pro)

I've also recently tried out a DX Cobra (liked) and Star Spider (liked).

Like others, there are few mids that I've thrown and don't like (at least now- I used to hate mids).

Z Wasp- Overstable mid, and works great

Z Buzz- Main, mid, long and straight.

Star Coyote- Beat in, and great for understable shots 240ft and in.

I carry a Z Buzzz, Core, beat up FLX Drone, and a Z Glide. Buzzz for a straight/ slight fade shot that I can throw as hard as I need. The Core has more glide than the Buzzz and that's for straight/slight fade shots when I can gentle it up there. The Drone is for hyzer/meathooks and RHFH approaches. And the Glide is for Turn shots...or giant Anny bombs when it's extra windy and I want to throw a 178g disc.

The Mako got pulled from the bag lately...though it's a great disc. But I use a Dart on the same shots for anything shorter and a Leopard for anything longer...so it fell through the cracks a bit.

I did pull a Roc out again the other day and was very impressed with its versatility...I should put one in my bag but there's just so much overlap already. Honestly I could probably meet all mid needs with a Buzzz or Roc but it's just easier with a few options.

180g Star Mako or 180g Star Coyote. Got a Buzzz and Champ Coyote that I like also. Hard to pick one.

I love my dx rocs, they start out a little overstable, beat in to a long straight disc and stay there for a while, then slowly beat in to be great turnover discs. If I had to pick a single midrange and stick with that, it would be an easy choice, I haven't thrown as versatile and reliable a disc.

Latest posts