• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite overall plastics?

Fossil
Current stiff Star
Jolly Launcher
Old Star
Old Champ
Old Pearly Z
Old stiff ESP
Old DX
Old KC

From reading this thread, I guess I'll need to try some 400g plastic, but I think my favorite so far is the 350rx proto. Wishe I'd found it earlier as it's hard to find now.

The most popular from last year's thread were Champion, Star, Gstar, Discraft ESP, Dynamic Fuzion, Fluid, Frost, and Legacy Icon

I will be sampling more Prodigy lightweight molds solely based on 400g plastic

There's just something about Z/Champ. I like the feel and they last forever. FLX is growing on me. I really need to go get my mitts on more plastic, but I'll wait until I need to buy...

Kastaplast all the things!

K1 plastic is overall the best.

Its hilarious how people react.

Prodigy guys say "it feels like (insert favorite prodigy blend here), it's awesome!"

Non prodigy guys "It feels like what prodigy were probably trying to do, I really like it!"

Drivers & Mids: Flexible Champ(ish) blends Elasto/Frost/Fluid and Z FLX (ESP FLX and G* are a 2nd preference)
Base: BT & XT

I still have a lot to try, but so far my favorites are MVP's Plasma and Electron, Gateway's Eraser, and good ol' DX.

GStar and equivalents. It's grippy and yet really tough. Yep, it costs. Interesting enough, for me, it flys just a tad less stable than Star. It's also more flexible, something I really like.

I use the Buzz series for mids, and the Titanium plastic is very similar, although less robust, in my hands. It is tough to compare mids and drivers for wear though. I use Innova's LX for putters, but that is only because the Star version is domey and even more ridgid, in my hands that is. I use GStar Rhynos for up shots and love them.

Depends on weather...

Hot and humid: Proton or champion type plastic
Comfortable and cool: Neutron or star type
Cold: Plasma or GStar type
Cold and wet: Electron or base type

Agree Weather makes all the difference:

Cold:
Echo Star

Warm:
Glow Champion
400G

Hot:
Star

From reading this thread, I guess I'll need to try some 400g plastic, but I think my favorite so far is the 350rx proto. Wishe I'd found it earlier as it's hard to find now.

99% certain 350RX and 350G are the same plastic. RX was a prototype blend that was grippy and easy to mold up in lighter weights. 350G is the same deal. Grippy baseline that beats in slowly - like a midgrade plastic - and can easily mold in lighter weights.

400G is like a cross between G* and Champion in the best possible way! :D

99% certain 350RX and 350G are the same plastic. RX was a prototype blend that was grippy and easy to mold up in lighter weights. 350G is the same deal. Grippy baseline that beats in slowly - like a midgrade plastic - and can easily mold in lighter weights.

400G is like a cross between G* and Champion in the best possible way! :D

I think I would like that! :thmbup:

Latest posts