• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite turnover driver?

Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Gateway Assassin all start out flippy. A friend (who throws like 350') just got a Lat64 Vision and it does just what you're talking about. I throw like 300' and just got a Diskwing QK2. If I snap it hard, it will fade for a long time, but sometimes it will turn at the end (it's new still).

My disks for this shot are a 150g champ Valkyrie and a 169g (beat in) champ Beast.

For noodle, Nancy Drew arms like me, try a beaten in X-XS.
I get about 275-300' and the X-XS will turn for me.

A few months ago I scooped up a Avenger SS and I love it. That disc alone was the answer to my game... Very controlable/finesse driver. I use it for tight wooded shots and LONG turnovers. Doesn't take a lot of power/snap. Too much power and it'll just keep pullin right (RHBH). Not a wind friendly disc either.....

Roadrunner, Sidewinder, Gateway Assassin all start out flippy. A friend (who throws like 350') just got a Lat64 Vision and it does just what you're talking about. I throw like 300' and just got a Diskwing QK2. If I snap it hard, it will turn for a long time, but sometimes it will fade at the end (it's new still).

My disks for this shot are a 150g champ Valkyrie and a 169g (beat in) champ Beast.

Fixed.

To the OP. My current hyzer flip disc of choice is a beat in DX Sidewinder.

Have you considered throwing a backhand roller (RHBH) for this shot? If you practice your angles you can really get some beautiful lines with this shot.

150 white star Valkyrie. If thrown low and flat it is a roller. If thrown high and flat it is a huge turnover. If thrown Hard hyzer it will flip over and do a nice 400 ft S drive.

Hands down, the best disc for a hyzer flip is a FLX SUrge SS. You want it to go 400 easy and have it end up right? Hole 12 and 18 (pin positions on the right side) at Widefield park are in the 400 ft range and I have parked both holes with the SS.

DX sidewinder. I used that disc for the very shot the OP described until I lost it. Star Sidewinder isn't bad for turnovers but will only flip flat out of a hyzer.

A quick update: I just found out a buddy of mine that I play with at my local course just got himself a 172g Star Roadrunner. He's gonna let me borrow it for a few days so I can try it out and see if I like it :)

I love hearing everyone's opionions on this, so keep em coming!

Favorite would have to be the Sidewinder.
I also go for my Stalker or Roadrunner depending on the degree of turn needed and the wind.
Really, anything understable will do it. (Valkyrie, Avenger SS, Monarch, etc...and beat up DX too.)

i've been throwing a new max weight Christian Sandstrom valk that's been flipping up flat in tailwinds. I think that's what you're lookin for. Check it out...it'll flip for ya.

Latest posts