• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

Interesting, the nose looks slightly more blunt on the original FD except for the last pic. My local shop says they should have some in stock this week.

I agree. The nose is more blunt on the fd. I wonder if this is why the dark rebel is more understable.

Any word on whether innova is going to make this fd a normal run with standard stamps.

I imagine that they would. The impression on the bottom says fairway disc. I'm assuming it'll be produced under that name.

Attachments

• 20211206_112934.jpg
    20211206_112934.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 66
I know it's most likely an actual FD, but does anyone else think it looks like a JLS? How close were the FD and JLS? I have both and can't really tell the difference.
FD is convex 'VTech' bottom rim (like a 7 speed Valkyrie rim) and what looks like a Leopard top.
JLS has a concave bottom rim (Whippet-X) and a Teebird top.

...the max weight FD held the hyzer the entire flight and had a stronger finish.
The max weight FD is the odd one out with the blunter leading edge. I think it looks like more of a Teebird/TL top.

So are they going to roll out all these molds with slightly different names?

If they release a Fairway Disc 3, will it be a Fairway Disc with a flatter top like the 3 series, or will it be the original FD3?

Midrange Disc for the MDs?

Power Disc for PD?

Luster Champion Putter, Tour Series Sky Deity?

Swirly Star Distance Disc 3, the Cumulus Crusher, or Nimbus Splitter?

FD is convex 'VTech' bottom rim (like a 7 speed Valkyrie rim)
This is gonna make me go double check mine, I could have sworn the FD has a bottom wing/rim like a teebird but without the notch.

Innova: put some random tops and bottoms on the machine, and get some random stamps ready. We're melting plastic today boys.

Later: what did we make boss? IDK, call it a fairway driver

Lol you would've loved the early 2000's, that's pretty much how things rolled back then. Between all the various mold pieces to build all the aviar and roc variations and the combinations with other existing mold pieces there was a lot of experimentation going on.

Strangest one I always thought was the jls…whippet bottom and teebird top…how does the combination of those two pieces create a neutral disc?

I have a couple champ FDs and have handled several color glow FDs, it doesn't have that weird Valkyrie/Tern/DDX wing to it. It definitely just has an L wing. Depending on run, plastic and stage of wear, TL/TL3/FD are all very interchangeable.

Depends on the plastic and run. The majority of FD bottoms are straight until the tiniest ski-slope at the base. The second run is more convex with the turn closer to the middle of the wing, like a Teebird. The TL3/TL bottom is actually straight. S Lines can actually be convex towards the top of the wing..

FD's rim is slightly convex with a tiny ski jump at the edge of the lip. It's not wavey like a Valkyrie or a Tern wing. It's more like the Roadrunner's rim

Pretty sure the chariot is not an md3.

When the chariot first came out it was said to be a beaded mako. Millennium throwers were saying it was pretty much identical to one of the qms runs at the time.

Md3 should be beefier than a chariot.

The Chariot is the micro-bead QMS mold as someone else already mentioned.

I'm not sure how different the new Italian MD3 is from the old, but from memory when I gave it some test throws at the local pro shop, it didn't seem to have the microbead like the Chariot does.

So are they going to roll out all these molds with slightly different names?

If they release a Fairway Disc 3, will it be a Fairway Disc with a flatter top like the 3 series, or will it be the original FD3?

Midrange Disc for the MDs?

Power Disc for PD?

Luster Champion Putter, Tour Series Sky Deity?

Swirly Star Distance Disc 3, the Cumulus Crusher, or Nimbus Splitter?
Maybe some CFR/Factory store only releases in addition to the spread of 'new' molds going out to Infinite/Millennium

This is gonna make me go double check mine, I could have sworn the FD has a bottom wing/rim like a teebird but without the notch.
Sounds like the JLS bottom rim, maybe a certain run was a variant
I have a couple champ FDs and have handled several color glow FDs, it doesn't have that weird Valkyrie/Tern/DDX wing to it. It definitely just has an L wing. Depending on run, plastic and stage of wear, TL/TL3/FD are all very interchangeable.
Might be less noticeable in premium plastic blends and comparing a baseline plastic version of each would show a bit more of the difference.

I generally would put the TL/TL3 as a tick more stable in the high speed flight.

Depends on the plastic and run. The majority of FD bottoms are straight until the tiniest ski-slope at the base. The second run is more convex with the turn closer to the middle of the wing, like a Teebird. The TL3/TL bottom is actually straight. S Lines can actually be convex towards the top of the wing..
I don't have every run but I did verify all my C-line, Color Glow C-Line, & S-Line have really similar slight concave outer rim with a small convex lip (ski slope). Its very easy to see different shapes at slightly off angle views.

FD's rim is slightly convex with a tiny ski jump at the edge of the lip. It's not wavey like a Valkyrie or a Tern wing. It's more like the Roadrunner's rim
Roadrunner seems more convex all the way to a microbead. The wavey-ness is diminished for the FD being a narrower rim width.

I'm not sure how different the new Italian MD3 is from the old, but from memory when I gave it some test throws at the local pro shop, it didn't seem to have the microbead like the Chariot does.

I have one new latitude MD3, and it has the bead.

I have one new latitude MD3, and it has the bead.

Ok I just looked up some close-ups of it, it's definitely a roadrunner-esque nanobead. Even less noticeable tbh, because it kind of blends in with the feel of the concave wing, as opposed to the purely convex wing of the roadrunner.

Is it confirmed that Latitude is making them?

I don't have every run but I did verify all my C-line, Color Glow C-Line, & S-Line have really similar slight concave outer rim with a small convex lip (ski slope). Its very easy to see different shapes at slightly off angle.

I'm sorry, I meant to write that the 2nds are concave. Unfortunately I can't edit the post, but I'd like to make that known.
Anyway, yes, the FD does seem to often have that valkyrie-ish form to its wing.

Factory store currently has some yellow dark rebels back in stock.

Latest posts