• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ferrari disc -- lots of pics

Ferrari logo on a Discraft 167g Elite Z Flick.

I'm a Formula 1 NUT, Ferrari has always been my team, and I love all things Italian + automotive.

This one came out GREAT!!!! I used vinyl for the main cut, then masked with contact paper. All cut by hand, as always. Pics of steps below.
The green was dyed with a mix of Kelly Green dye concentrate, a little acetone, and corn starch. This creates a thick, gooey, workable dye paste that stays put. I left it on for a few hours.

4079501694_f13e93e880.jpg

4078802945_0e410dcd40_o.jpg

4078817929_8130a09960_o.jpg

The colors are more vibrant in person(as always). The green looks blue-ish in the pics, but clearly green on sight. The clear/ white parts of the disc look yellow-ish, but that's the plastic, it's impossible to tell that they were masked the whole way.

These are the discs I've dyed so far from my Discraft misprint deal. I've only thrown the Buzzz, the screaming hand is for my bassist, and I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep this Ferrari disc or give it to my brother. (he likes a Reaper for tomahawk shots, I think this Flick may work for him.)

4079493188_9568500915_o.jpg

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

My wife is a breast cancer foundation nut, and if she sees that disc, she will want me to make you an offer.

Never mind, I see you dyed over it.

I erased it first, THEN dyed over it :D I'm a breast cancer nut too(grandmother), but I bought the discs in the misprint deal to dye, nothing else. It was one of only 3 white discs in the pack, I HAD to do it!!!