• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fights on the course

AzteC

Eagle Member
So a guy I've been playing with for a little over a month and this other guy I'm new to got in a serious fight at our weekly league. It just sickens me to see this stuff happen on the course. It all started when one guy slapped the other guy on the ass saying "Good luck man!" Kind of being douchey, and the other guy got in his face about it. A couple of punches were thrown but we broke it up. Come the end of the rounds, the guy who got slapped decides to get a metal pipe in his car for some retaliation.

This stuff just shouldn't be on the course, but I'm noticing it more and more and always hearing stories from other people. Alcohol and escalating violence never solve anything.

Yeesh that seems really homophobic and is sad. Sorry to hear about that. I hope you don't have to deal with that again!

What is it with some people that they have to prove how manly they are by threatening to kill another person?

I wish I hadn't witnessed as much confrontation as I have. The worst is during league a couple guys have gotten into it with impatient casuals. Everything from fist fights, discs thrown into ponds and even someone taking a dump on a disc on a blind fairway...

I wish I hadn't witnessed as much confrontation as I have. The worst is during league a couple guys have gotten into it with impatient casuals. Everything from fist fights, discs thrown into ponds and even someone taking a dump on a disc on a blind fairway...

Ehehehe I shouldnt laugh but I cant help it :doh:

Anyways we all need to be mature and respectful if we want our sport to grow. A certain area disc golf enthusiast page that Im part of sees its fair share of keyboard fights, and it just annoys me. Grow up people!!!

You're joking right? I'm not sure if we are playing the same sport. If everyone would just partake(optional) and spread the good vibes it wouldn't be an issue.

Yeesh that seems really homophobic and is sad. Sorry to hear about that. I hope you don't have to deal with that again!

Let's see, one man smacking another on the rump without permission = homophobia.

You're assuming the smacker is gay and the smackee is not. Can you tell by looking?

Try smacking me on any part of my body and I can assure you that you will end up kicking my butt, since I'm a puny little old guy, but you aint hitting me and getting away with it.

So a guy I've been playing with for a little over a month and this other guy I'm new to got in a serious fight at our weekly league. It just sickens me to see this stuff happen on the course. It all started when one guy slapped the other guy on the ass saying "Good luck man!" Kind of being douchey, and the other guy got in his face about it. A couple of punches were thrown but we broke it up. Come the end of the rounds, the guy who got slapped decides to get a metal pipe in his car for some retaliation.

This stuff just shouldn't be on the course, but I'm noticing it more and more and always hearing stories from other people. Alcohol and escalating violence never solve anything.

There should be zero tolerance for this behavior. Once punches were thrown, both players should have been asked to leave. If necessary call the police.

Try smacking me on any part of my body and I can assure you that you will end up kicking my butt, since I'm a puny little old guy, but you aint hitting me and getting away with it.

You tell 'em, bro! Ain't nobody putting their hands on this body.

Let's see, one man smacking another on the rump without permission = homophobia.

You're assuming the smacker is gay and the smackee is not. Can you tell by looking?

No one is assuming the smacker is gay. Obviously none of us was there, but one doesn't have to be gay (or thought to be gay) to slap another person on the ass. Otherwise what's all the hubbub about Michael Sam and the NFL? Those guys have been smacking each other on the ass for decades. They must all be gay, right? :doh:

The guy who got smacked on the ass getting so upset over it as to throw punches and seek out a weapon hours after the fact to retaliate seems to at least have some personal insecurity issues. Pretty sure that's where the accusation of homophobia comes in. Does he get this upset if the guy clapped him on the shoulder while saying "good luck man"?

Regardless though, it's all bull**** posturing that really has no place in a civilized gathering.

No one is assuming the smacker is gay. Obviously none of us was there, but one doesn't have to be gay (or thought to be gay) to slap another person on the ass. Otherwise what's all the hubbub about Michael Sam and the NFL? Those guys have been smacking each other on the ass for decades. They must all be gay, right? :doh:

The guy who got smacked on the ass getting so upset over it as to throw punches and seek out a weapon hours after the fact to retaliate seems to at least have some personal insecurity issues. Pretty sure that's where the accusation of homophobia comes in. Does he get this upset if the guy clapped him on the shoulder while saying "good luck man"?

Regardless though, it's all bull**** posturing that really has no place in a civilized gathering.

Agreed. I suspect there was prior history of bad blood between the two players. Seems a completely overblown reaction regardless, but perhaps it was the straw that broke the camel

Either way, both players need to apologize to each other and the community

If your buddies are ass slappers and you willingly play slap ass that is one thing, to slap a random person on the ass is sexual assault. Gender doesn't matter.

Yeah, seems more like a social power play by a most likely intoxicated individual. Lame.

The worst I've seen is just guys kicking their bags and yelling at, I don't know, themselves? Chill pills for all.

How could you possibly be upset if you're playing disc golf? I suppose I'm a very calm and peaceful person, but even when I'm the most frustrated on the course I haven't been angry enough to try and hurt someone.

The worst we've had locally are heated arguments about rules when playing for money...can't remember any physical fighting happening. Rob's got the right idea: zero tolerance. Those guys are gone from the club for the rest of the year.

I would ban both dudes for a week or two. Tell them to take their petty bull****elsewhere.

Who brings a metal pipe to a fist fight anyway? Way to prove how tough you are by brandishing a weapon against an unarmed person.

I am going to start ass slapping on the teepad like its a NBA bench.

LETS GO!!! What a bunch of goons. I keep a little pepper spray in the bag for strange animal encounters like those.

I knew there was a reason I like playing alone or with my dad. I never see myself taking this hobby seriously enough to want to fight someone over it. I've only gotten upset with other players on a course once. I just went home instead of confronting them with their poor etiquette. If it were someone in my group bugging me, I'd probably do the same. I play disc golf to relax and de-stress from my job, troubles, etc.

Unless someone is littering on the course. I could possibly use some choice language on a litterbug that might escalate a situation.

A bunch of tough guys talking smack because of a little "good game" pat on the seat meat. "ain't nobody touching me and getting away with it!" boo freakin hoo

Latest posts