• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fill In The Blanks

disc-o maniac

Birdie Member
Im starting to throw backhand after being a FH dominant player and im realizing the discs that i have are wayyy to fast for me (i.e Max weight DD2) so i need your help to design the "perfect bag" for me. i throw about 360 BH and 420 FH but i need some decent BH discs that arent super crazy overstably fast.

Putter : KC Pro Aviar

Understable Mid : Beat up Roc
Straight Mid: Elite Z Glo Buzzz
Overstable Mid: Star Gator

Understable Fairway:
Straight Fairway:
Overstable Fairway:

Understable Distance: Star Roadrunner
Straight Distance:
Overstable Distance: Pro Destroyer
Spike Driver: Star Max

Max Distance (holes that allow for turnovers and freedom) 168g Pro Wraith, 168g Champion Wraith

Feel free to change anything around, your advice means a lot

my fairways are leopard, stalker, banshee
but other options are teebirds, eagles are popular, trident is an overstable option

You just need to find a fairway driver or two you like. There are a lot of good options. Teebirds, Eagles, Leopards, JLS, Cyclone, Stalker etc. They all have their pros and cons.

Everyone needs to at least try these. With your distance BH I would get 170-172 weights on these

Understable Fairway: Leopard
Straight Fairway: Teebird
Overstable Fairway:Banshee

Last edited:
try to find a used dx teebird and use that and a star or champ for your fairway duties. overstable fairway slot can be covered by new teebird or something else most likely. if the star roadrunner is understable for you maybe try a champ one? i can hyzer flip my star roadrunner for straight D pretty well out to about 330-340'.

Just played a round at Tradewinds FL just now and lost my max :( i also found some new discs to replace and fill in some spots, as of now its looking like this:

Putter : KC Pro Aviar

Understable Mid : Beat up Roc
Straight Mid: Elite Z Glo Buzzz
Overstable Mid: Star Gator

Understable Fairway: 163g Star Roadrunner
Straight Fairway: 165g Discmania S-Line CD
Overstable Fairway: Eagle? Banshee? New Teebird? whats my best bet?

Understable Distance: 168g Beat Champ Wraith
Straight Distance: 168g Pro Wraith
Overstable Distance:172g Pro Destroyer
Spike Driver: 175g Echo Star Wraith

i just need help with an overstable fairway driver

roadrunner is not a fairway driver and shouldn't be used as one. if you like the CD a heavy one will fly overstable for you most likely. what are your distances with everything?

roadrunner is not a fairway driver and shouldn't be used as one. if you like the CD a heavy one will fly overstable for you most likely. what are your distances with everything?

Good call, me putting the roadrunner as a fairway was a blind decision. The CD for me flies very straight with a bit of fade, i max out with that at around 320ish. Max distance with any disc would be 360ish with my champ 168g wraith

i just need help with an overstable fairway driver

Eagle or Teebird. go out to a field and throw all the same shots with both. dont worry or care about distance just the flights. see which one produces what you are looking for. Both are fantastic discs you cant go wrong really. personally i prefer the Eagle for personal consistency reasons and i think it holds its lines better in wind.

on the Roadrunner, do you like its flight? do you have any issues with it? Ive used one as a fairway before. their fliptastic so at low speeds they go straight and long. great for rollers too. ultimately i chose a leopard over that. several friends love using the sidewinder as well.

Overstable Mid: Pain ;) (I'm biased, Vector, Sentinel, Hornet, new Roc would work too)

Understable Fairway: P-PD
Straight Fairway: S-PD
Overstable Fairway: Pred or C-PD

Understable Distance: Star Roadrunner
Straight Distance: Pro Wraith
Overstable Distance: Pro Destroyer
Spike Driver: Pred

There are my dumb suggestions. I bumped you up the speed table with the PDs assuming that you can hit 340' pretty comfortably. I think really overstable mids are kind of limited so I stayed away from the Drones and Gators of the world.

Latest posts