• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally a new course for san diego

Just saw this... How exciting! And an 18 hole course. Could it possibly be that Morley will someday be LESS crowded?

Sweet, hopefully it's a well-designed course that'll draw some of the crowds. It'll be nice to have more in the North County there.

Just saw this... How exciting! And an 18 hole course. Could it possibly be that Morley will someday be LESS crowded?

Sure; just 28 more courses within San Diego, and Morley will be as uncrowded as the average course.

I wonder how it is that Snapper didn't squash this. It's bad for his business.
DSCJNKY

"He expects a grand opening April 27, and the first tournament May 1.

The public, which will play free except in tournaments, should be able to use the course beginning May 2."

seems a little odd with the dates, but I look forward to trying this out next time I visit SD. I do love Morley, but the waits drive me insane. I usually don't wait when I play (unless it's a tourney) and when I do wait, it is on a group that is already playing the hole.

Morley will have backups of 4 or more groups on a hole sometimes. When it's finally time to putt, it's been over a half hour since your last putt. Morely is such a sweet course that is really hurt by the crowds/bad course design of some of the later holes using shared fairways, dangerous, etc.

Does anyone know how the land is at this place? Wooded, hilly, etc.?

^Bummer. Emerald Isle is the **** too. That's going to suck big time.
DSCJNKY

Overheard someone at Morley today talking about a course near the boarder. He also mentioned there were lights and the course was accessible until 10pm. Any validity to this? Could he have been talking about the Ice Bowl @ Salt Creek on Feb 21?? I'm assuming this guy is loco, but just wanted to check it out.

From the SD Aces Website:

The Kit Carson course is scheduled to open on April 25th with a Grand opening PDGA sanctioned one-day tournament scheduled for May 8. Look for an announcement for online registration in early April.

The pics that are up on the Aces' website look pretty sweet.... Can't wait for this one to open. Looks like the terrain is very similar to Morley's but I hope that there is some elevation change to work with.

Latest posts