• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally an Ace!!!

buzzinb

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
:)I swear I had pretty much come to the conclusion that it was never going to happen for me. Hole 18 at Lovers Lane in Bowling Green. 340',pretty much open except for a large tree that sets approx. 75' in front of the tee and slightly off to the left--just enough to take the direct route out of the equation. I used my trusty172 Star Wraith and threw on my usual line where I aim off to the right of the farthest out-reaching branches of the tree. I put a slight anyhyzer angle (RHFH) and watched as the disc swung around the outer branches and began a slow turn to the left. It finished turning and started its final fade back to the right. At first I thought it was going to sail past the basket like it has on several other occasions. But this time was different...the most beautiful sound in the world rang out as the disc slammed into the heart of the chains! I had to blink a couple of times to make sure that the disc was actually going to stay in the basket this time. It was kinda weird visually to watch a disc not complete its flight path. Its almost like watching a fast flying insect get snared in a spider web. Very cool.
For those who are still wating for Ace #1, don't give up the ghost. It will happen when you least expect it.

Keep on flingin'

:)I swear I had pretty much come to the conclusion that it was never going to happen for me. Hole 18 at Lovers Lane in Bowling Green. 340',pretty much open except for a large tree that sets approx. 75' in front of the tee and slightly off to the left--just enough to take the direct route out of the equation. I used my trusty172 Star Wraith and threw on my usual line where I aim off to the right of the farthest out-reaching branches of the tree. I put a slight anyhyzer angle (RHFH) and watched as the disc swung around the outer branches and began a slow turn to the left. It finished turning and started its final fade back to the right. At first I thought it was going to sail past the basket like it has on several other occasions. But this time was different...the most beautiful sound in the world rang out as the disc slammed into the heart of the chains! I had to blink a couple of times to make sure that the disc was actually going to stay in the basket this time. It was kinda weird visually to watch a disc not complete its flight path. Its almost like watching a fast flying insect get snared in a spider web. Very cool.
For those who are still wating for Ace #1, don't give up the ghost. It will happen when you least expect it.

Keep on flingin'
Go Wraith!

Nice work. It's a great feeling.

Nice first ace too get... definitely not a gimme. Surprised being from BG you haven't gotten one at Hobson G., or Preston Miller....

buzzinb, Congrats on your first ace!

That is a great course, I've played it several times.
No18 is a nice finishing hole, and great hole for your first ace!

Hey buzzinb, you are about to hit another milestone in your DG career today too, 1 more post and you'll have reached ParMember status on DGCR! What a great day, an ace, and a new status on DGCR...:cool:

I love that hole. I have only played Lovers a few times, but I have emptied the bag on that hole each time.

Good job on the ace.

congrats

I'm still waiting on mine. In my last tourney (Alamance Co Pro-AM) - I had 3 ace runs on the open/green course. Sadly I missed them all...Been 1 year, and no Ace, lots of basket hits, and 'almost' runs, but never the Ace...Oh well :)

Closest I've had is one actually dropping into the bottom of a basket without touching a single chain and promptly bounced right out. Soooooooooooo close...

Closest I've had is one actually dropping into the bottom of a basket without touching a single chain and promptly bounced right out. Soooooooooooo close...

I wonder if anyone has ever got a library ace? I'm sure it's been done.

congrats, dont you wish you could bottle that feeling up and drink it........

congrats, dont you wish you could bottle that feeling up and drink it........
It's been done already.

ecto_cooler.jpg

Latest posts