• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally I can show my son throwing

Bad follow through. Arm is too high across the chest. Not enough hip rotation. Are we not supposed to analyze him? Just kidding, that is pretty cool! Looking forwatd to getting my son to throw some discs as well, He is only 2 months old though.

I seen the same thing. I mean I could really help him get some monster distance. The thing is he is only 3 and has no intention of listening. The best I can do with him right now is point in what direction I want him throwing and he can nail it. I also notice he will fluff off on some shots and not really put any real thought into his shot. I also notice with the kid that set the record. he had the same form as my son.

As far as your son throwing. Just take him to the course and I would let my son have a few disc's in the house to throw. That is until he was throwing them too far then I had to take him outside.

My first thought was man I hope he does not hit his sister!!!!!

The distance is cool but I really like the group, not sure I could throw that many max distance FH's and get that good of a group!!!!

My 10 year old is moving back to Missouri and he loves to play so I can not wait.

LoL he has hit her before. Mainly when she is facing in his direction. Not when she is beside him. Really I did not want to bring her along, but she loves to be apart of whatever we do ha ha. Plus did you see where she threw a disc.

I like to set up two poles at about 50 ft apart. I will then see who can get the closest. Who ever gets closer gets a point. We play to see who gets to 10 first. He has came really close to beating me before. 10-8

On the video I threw the first disc just to show him what direction to throw.

That's awesome. I have a two year old that's been 'playing' since he was like 11 months. as soon as he could walk, he was trying to thow them wiht me. i took him to the DG store and he went crazy with the huge rack of discs. He was frantically putting them in the stores basket, the guy that was working was cracking up.

wow! that is some nice groupage..he ever try backhand? .. I have a couple old 150 class dx discs i let my friends 3 year old toss around...sidewinder and aviar..he can toss em pretty good but nothing like that but he only throws backhand or overhand havent got him to mess around with forehand. I gave him a superhero i got in a tourny and he can bomb that thing..not really a "disc" tho

Last edited:
My 3 year old throws almost as far...id say about 80 feet. But he is no where near as consistent with his grouping as your kid. Maybe they will play tournaments together when they get older. haha

That would be awesome. Post up a video to show him off. I had to use my sisters digi camera.

That's awesome. I have a two year old that's been 'playing' since he was like 11 months. as soon as he could walk, he was trying to thow them wiht me. i took him to the DG store and he went crazy with the huge rack of discs. He was frantically putting them in the stores basket, the guy that was working was cracking up.

Yeah its awesome taking my boy to the course. Others at the course have to stop and take a look. Thats why I figured I needed some video.

Great video ~ Way to throw Carl!!!
The footage of him sinking the putt is also great.

Thanks!!! He takes after me a little bit only I am not as consistent as him either. I am hoping my sons wicked arm will switch to throwing footballs. He does have a pretty good spiral with the medium size football.

wow! that is some nice groupage..he ever try backhand? .. I have a couple old 150 class dx discs i let my friends 3 year old toss around...sidewinder and aviar..he can toss em pretty good but nothing like that but he only throws backhand or overhand havent got him to mess around with forehand. I gave him a superhero i got in a tourny and he can bomb that thing..not really a "disc" tho

He has tried backhand, but he only does it when he feels like it. I notice he only does it when he is trying to get a little closer to the basket.

thats incredible.

you must be so proud. try and find him some 150 class discs and see what he can do,

maybe we should consider donations to get him like a 130g boss?

thats incredible.

you must be so proud. try and find him some 150 class discs and see what he can do,

if i had anything lighter than 160, i'd send it to this future phenom just to say "yeah, i sent that kid a disc when he was 3"

if i had anything lighter than 160, i'd send it to this future phenom just to say "yeah, i sent that kid a disc when he was 3"

thats what I'm saying, I'm pming Noill Golf to try and get him out of one of his 150 class katanas or something light like that.

I got my g/f's son a 100 gram Polecat and he loves that thing. I got it at Disc Golf Center. I bet your son would be able to really let that thing fly.

thats incredible.

He throws sidearm better than me.

thats what I'm saying, I'm pming Noill Golf to try and get him out of one of his 150 class katanas or something light like that.

I got my g/f's son a 100 gram Polecat and he loves that thing. I got it at Disc Golf Center. I bet your son would be able to really let that thing fly.

Yeah I only have heavy disc's I never really gave it a thought to get lighter ones.

No with me being jobless now I can not get any new disc's yet, but I am working hard to get something going soon.

With that said I am still taking my son out often. We have a football field close to us. I take him there to throw while I walk the track. Then I take him to the local course to let him get some putting in. Then we play 10 holes. I am a rather large guy so I can not do all 24 holes yet, but I am working up to it and my son is helping me. Kind of awesome for a 3 year old kid.

Latest posts