• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally the start to a real bag.

jomaan

Hey guys. last year was my first year playing the sport, and I made all the rookie mistakes. particularly buying all the high speed discs, etc.

so here is my bag as of this year...

172 flx challenger - approach. 160-180 feet.
168 r-pro aviar - my main putter
174 flx buzz - most shots i throw this disc. i can throw it around 250 regularly
175 xl - starting to use it as I move into faster discs. Don't throw it a lot tho.

Those are really the only 4 discs I throw. I still have the high speed ones but I don't really throw them because I can't throw them as well as the slow ones I can actually use right.

My question is. what is most important to add right now. I'm a high school student, so the bag has to grow slowly. should I add more midranges than the buzz, or move into a fairway a little more? and specific discs would be helpful. thanks guys

maybe something along the lines of a Teebird.. something around the speed of the XL just more stable and you can use that as your overstable driver. What plastic is the XL you are throwing? I havent really thrown them so not sure if an Elite-Z XL would be stable enough to cover that slot but you can never go wrong with a Teebird.. and if you are not attached to the XL you could even go DX and Champ/Star Teebird and cover everything.. or the always popular Leo/Tb :) .. but if you are happy with the XL stay there i dont want to suggest getting away from something that is working but yeah short and sweet i would suggest Teebird all the way .. prob in the 168-172 range

Last edited: