• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding Discs.

I have probably found about 30-40 discs since I began playing. Any with a name/number I have offered to / have returned. But I can probably count on 1 hand how many discs I have found with contact information on them.

That said, I got hooked on Orcs about 2 years ago because I kept finding so damn many of them. I found an orange, a fly-dye, a green, and a blue over the course of about a week. All champ. All unmarked. I figured, damn, I keep finding these things I might as well start throwing them.

Recently my friends and I have found about 5 - 6 Nukes (some SS as well). It's really quite ridiculous how many max distance / hyper speed drivers we find on our local courses. I even found a Star Destroyer on a 268 ft. downhill shot. The disc wasn't even 150 feet from the teepad covered in grass clippings and weeds. I only found it because I tripped over it on the way by.

Bryant Lake is a treasure trove of unmarked, brand new plastic lost by people without the arm to throw it. A friend of mine who plays casually has never purchased a disc, and has about 10-15 different molds just from finding unmarked plastic.

Last edited:
Here's a happy story:

Lost a nice CE TL on my local course on Tuesday.
Got a call from a very nice guy on Wednesday saying he had found it.
Promptly drove to the course and got it back.
Gave the guy a brand new Star Beast and $5.
Everyone was happy! :clap:

I found a 9/10 dx stingray yesterday, no name or number.

I left it there in case the owner came back.

I can understand why you did that, but in the back of my mind I would worry that the next guy that came along would pick it up and keep it. I would probably hold onto it until I heard someone say that they lost one there. Then I would give it back to them.

I had a disc returned to me this week! I was really excited about that because it doesn't happen offten here.

I can understand why you did that, but in the back of my mind I would worry that the next guy that came along would pick it up and keep it. I would probably hold onto it until I heard someone say that they lost one there. Then I would give it back to them.

Eh, it was at a nine hole pitch n putt about 60 miles from my house. If someone else found it, hopefully they use it. If I took it, it would just sit collecting dust.

At least leaving it, either the rightful owner will get it back, or someone else might get some use out of it.

Found an '06 USGDC roc five feet away from the pin on a 250' hole. Thankfully, no name.

I can relate. I found the Roc I throw for my dog sitting in the basket on a 500' hole. No number. I just wish I could find an unnamed disc that I actually want. So far I've found a max weight DX Valkyrie, a max weight Champ Wraith, a max weight star Wraith, and the beat up DX Roc.

I can relate. I found the Roc I throw for my dog sitting in the basket on a 500' hole. No number. I just wish I could find an unnamed disc that I actually want. So far I've found a max weight DX Valkyrie, a max weight Champ Wraith, a max weight star Wraith, and the beat up DX Roc.

Hopefully it is not an USDGC roc that you throw to your dog!

I have found 3 dx eagles in a row. All with the old school innova stamp with no ink. Before that I found a nice E* destroyer and a 140 something leopard from that had a florida area code (I live in Iowa). I texted both. Both responded but have yet to pick up their disc. The leopard guy told me to meet some random guy on a saturday at midnight by all these bars. He said his carrier will be there and will say, "Get your hand out of my cheetos." I would have to respond, "These are not cheeots, they are fritos." I said absolutely not and offered him a less shady proposition.

We have a couple courses around here that when we throw an errant shot usually ends up in someone finding plastic without ink.

Most recent include what I believe to be a first run star destroyer, KC Pro Roc, Star Destroyer X Out, Nuke, Champ Valk, Champ Monster, DX Viper, and DX Valk....no ink on any.

I've lost a few(12-15) and found many(200+) in my 7 years of playing.

Best finds that were returned (had name &/or number)
02 CE Roc
CE TL
CE Valk

Best finds that had no info (and not listed as missing on local boards)
CE Leopard
KC Pro TBirds (10x & 11x)
CE Whippet (Found it looking for my lost Pro Firebird, which I found 2 weeks later)

Worst losses (that had my name & number on them, by myself and my son)
6 KC Pro Banshees (3 by each of us) (10x & 5 11x's)
Glow CFR Banshee (skipped in the water at Alum Creek, #12 I believe)

pulled these out of a pond today right next to a pin:
star destroyer
star valkyrie
pro valkyrie
champ teebird
dx teebird
nuke esp
nuke ss z
crush first run
pro starfire

3/9 had names. two of the three had more than two names written on them (it was interesting that the original sharpie showed through the subsequently applied sharpie that attempted to mask the prior owner's name).

One of the kids I play leagues with has the best luck finding stuff ever. Often times we will just be walking along and he will just say oh cool, there's a disc. Another time we were looking through an open soccer field and he says sweet, a new archangel. He has found like 40 this year alone

One of the kids I play leagues with has the best luck finding stuff ever. Often times we will just be walking along and he will just say oh cool, there's a disc. Another time we were looking through an open soccer field and he says sweet, a new archangel. He has found like 40 this year alone

I'd like to have this gift. I swear I'm blind to discs half the time even when they're right out in the open.

if they are mine, I can't see them, but I can find others.
Found this one on Sunday, why anyone would even throw this is beyond me!
IMG_20120703_172630.jpg

I recently found a Discmania Fiend with no name on it. Wasnt familiar with that brand, but after a few weeks its now found a spot in my bag. Earlier this year I found a brand new Champion Sidewinder and as a result I developed a forehand in my game with that disc. Not sure its even meant to be thrown that way but something about it just worked for me.

I used to lose discs all the time, but now that ive become a much better player i seem to find more than i lose these days. Some with names, many without. I put my name and # on every disc i own, but have never gotten a call back. Havent lost a disc in a few months and i tend to play 5+ rounds a week.

I was just wondering if anybody uses the blacklight method to find discs? Does it work only on glo discs? I have two discs lost in some thick crap that I've been trying to find forever.

Found:
Yellow Echo Boss Hole 10 Simsbury DGC
Yellow D XL beat into an oblivion Hole 11 Simsbury DGC
Blue Champ Sidewinder Hole 17 Simsbury DGC
Baby blue D Nuke Hole 16 Sycamore Creek Church DGC
Yellow Star Roadrunner Hole 4 Sycamore Creek Church DGC
Red DX Ohio State Doubles disc that I sadly can't identify. Wing depth suggests 12 speed or higher. Hole 16 Sycamore Creek Church DGC

Lost:
Blue DX Shark Hole 13 Simsbury DGC
White DX Viking Hole 10 Simsbury DGC
Brick red DX Aviar Hole 1 Gordon Holton Memorial DGC. Threw a tomahawk like an idiot, bounced and rolled into Delaware Lake.
Peach E HPP Apache Hole 7 Horns Hill DGC
Off white gummy S Illusion Hole 11 Griggs Reservoir Park DGC. LOST ON MY FRIGGIN' BIRTHDAY IN JUNE.

Latest posts