• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finding Discs.

I had a friend who lives in Michigan who lost a star valkerie about a year ago. Two months ago he gets a call from a guy in Wisconsin saying he had found his disc. We joked that he had made the most epic throw ever.:D

if they are mine, I can't see them, but I can find others.
Found this one on Sunday, why anyone would even throw this is beyond me!

Was playing with a guy I met on the course a week or two ago and he threw a clear crystal nuke with green dye - right into a field of waist high grass. I helped him look for like 10 minutes and then told him I was done. He said to go on without him and when I was done with my round he was still looking.

Was playing with a guy I met on the course a week or two ago and he threw a clear crystal nuke with green dye :eek: - right into a field of waist high grass. I helped him look for like 10 minutes and then told him I was done. He said to go on without him and when I was done with my round he was still looking.

Personally, I never understood why anyone would buy a green driver, or tye dye (cough... camoflage) disc, especially in shades of green and yellow. How cool is that disc when no one can see it? :shakesheadshrugsmilie: But everyone's free to buy/throw what they want. Guess I shouldn't complain, cuz they guys help keep disc manufacturers in business. :thmbup:

I have lost many a disc since I've started playing, mostly because of lending them to friends who rip 'em into the woods. I usually don't get a phone call, yet I was very surprised a few weeks ago when I got a phone call from the local course known for breeding dbags. A kid found my CE Valk which saved my life, and he definitely went home with my DX Eagle.

Now to get the ball rolling on the drive to the landfill:
"Eye keep disks evry time evn if dey hav names on dem"

Personally, I never understood why anyone would buy a green driver, or tye dye (cough... camoflage) disc, especially in shades of green and yellow. How cool is that disc when no one can see it? :shakesheadshrugsmilie: But everyone's free to buy/throw what they want. Guess I shouldn't complain, cuz they guys help keep disc manufacturers in business. :thmbup:
I think it really depends on what shade of color they are, rather than the color itself. My green Z Buzzz stands out pretty well in even knee high grass, as opposed to my dark orange JK Valkyrie, which can get itself lost in the middle of the fairway.

Best disc's I have ever found were probably eleven time kc pro teebirds in the candy plastic, found em in orange, green and blue, sold em for cheap like 20 bucks a piece.. found a couple pearly and gummy pre-Barry beast's, green one and a purple one.. countless bar stamp discraft, and other randoms, most were ink less though, especially the kc pro teebirds.. oh yea, found a little wing disc golf club stamped roc, a couple of bullet stamped XD's, and at least one possible ce aviar.. a champ wraith with a stripper dye, no number, a champ rhyno with Jesus on cross dye, no number..

if they are mine, I can't see them, but I can find others.
Found this one on Sunday, why anyone would even throw this is beyond me!
IMG_20120703_172630.jpg

I can't imagine why they wouldn't have found that :doh:

found a dga rogue the other day with name and number. was set to meet up with the guy to return it to him but the sucker left me hanging for several hours so just put it by the course sign. i guess if it makes it back to owner great but won't feel bad if someone else walks off with it.

found a dga rogue the other day with name and number. was set to meet up with the guy to return it to him but the sucker left me hanging for several hours so just put it by the course sign. i guess if it makes it back to owner great but won't feel bad if someone else walks off with it.

Should have nailed it to the sign, would have most likely been there when he got there.

Found a Soft Challenger today. My only guess is that somehow it got stuck up in a tree and a recent storm knocked it down. Else, it'd be pretty hard to lose on a putt.

Should have nailed it to the sign, would have most likely been there when he got there.

Found a Soft Challenger today. My only guess is that somehow it got stuck up in a tree and a recent storm knocked it down. Else, it'd be pretty hard to lose on a putt.

You never know...

I have found 3 discs in my lifetime of playing. Twice it was the same exact disc (small college course) and the 3rd time it was a different disc but the same guy.

I have found 3 and one was ruined from the river.
One a DX Valk without #
One flydye buzz with name and number (first disc found and first disc returned to someone who lived way out of town)

Have lost 3 with only my UV Mini being returned by the course designer
A dx cheetah left in a parking lot by a friend in a town thats 30 min away
A Mako left after taking a mulligan at the local course

Went to Rockford College this morning, found Lat64 opto riot in basket two. Look for name, believe it or not I have found three discs with this persons name on it! Then go play Rockford College tonight and find on hole 12 a Lat64 opto River, with name. Both great discs but both will be returned tomorrow.
I have lost numerous discs in Lake and River in Kirkland with only one call when one was left on ice and someone else had the balls to walk on last years ice.

was that at bangcroft bay i think i seen it there around 8;00 or so

I lost my Z Buzz playing yesterday, but I found two more discs, so I guess I am ahead of the game

Latest posts