• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

You all posting your scores are rubbing it in how bad a putter I am. This game is translating into confidence in my stroke on the course though. I had a hot round going yesterday, but lost a little confidence in the last few holes. Still made cash, but was on track for a win 15 holes in with my putting carrying me more than my teeshots (unusual).
Back at it tonight!

New high score for me- 551, I dug through some pages but couldn't find the site to register a score- and is there a place to see the graph from that instead of the spreadsheet- the one that compares score to rating? I'm curious about that.

Just wanted to thank you for this beautiful program.
Tried it today, was frustrated and scored really bad, but if I keep it up, my putting will definitely improve in the long run.

Dont worry, Mr Aulu and Käpä are not normal people. Here are the survey results, these scores should not rub that badly:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c8GWJRRKBSKVQ7ExGffgQ5yD59CADTYZtN0_9K6kero/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks, I have been imputting my scores, its cool to see the results. I hit my new high since my last post in this thread. 531, with one of my worse 6m and 7m rounds. But %50 from 9 and 10m.

I am still loving being able to track my stats and I feel I am getting in more productive practice. Thanks again!

New version of JYLY (a0.3.1) is published.

Only one minor (but annoying) bug fixed, where the chart wasn't loading properly on the first visit to "Chart" screen and instead was showing blank screen. Going back to menu and then back would show the chart properly. This issue didn't exist on all phones, only on some older phones.

Now it's fixed! Now go putting!

As always, link in signature.

I played a round yesterday at a course I hadn't played in years and only missed 2 putts inside the circle the whole round (-13 for 18!). My new practice is paying off, even if I don't get to practice as often as I would like.

Just finished my best round at the putting game yet. Set up my basket a little uphill to putt with different wind (and keep off some fresh seed I put down). 537 (6 points better than my previous)
Highlights:
started 4, 3, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 5 before things went down hill a little, including missing my first 5m putt yet. (I am 19/20 at 5m playing the game now 15 times though, by far the least used tee)

My high score so far is 542. I have started shooting 2 to 3 strokes better per round and I attribute it to playing this game for the past month.

My high score so far is 542. I have started shooting 2 to 3 strokes better per round and I attribute it to playing this game for the past month.

I have been a streaky putter for the last few years since I have been trying to get back into competing. I am still fairly streaky, but the bad days are better and the good days are amazing.

When I was last trying to be competitive I putted a lot and saw some gains, but not quite like I have been now that I have more structured practice with more pressure on the putts.

The average of my last 6 rounds is about 60 points more than my first 6 rounds (again only 15 total), but the biggest gain I am seeing is more confidence in the circle and feeling comfortable with my routine again.

I am keeping this post alive in hopes that someone else can find this to be the best balance for fun game and solo putting practice. I have tried other ways to practice, but this game really gives me what I need: Stats encourage self competition which helps keep pressure on through the round, with the game also having repetition and in game pressure. It is the closest to replicating in round pressure. I often practice after yard work or when I get home from work, which also gives me some added physical wear.
I set my new high score after doing some yard work this morning. 539. Its cool to top myself, but whats awesome is my last 6 games average is just under 500 points, while the six before that were 440, and the six before that were 420... and so on. That is more exciting to me than a hot round.

This looks awesome. I finally got my own basket and was doing some semi-structured putting practice. I'm going to definitely use this game to make it fun and more competitive. Thanks!

This game is invaluable for motivation and focus in putting practice. It is one of my most used apps.

App Comments

I used the webapp version. Great work guys it really did clean up a lot of the leg work to play this game. It would be awesome if you could have a profile, then it would stack you up against everyone who's every played the game, or even filter it down to your area.

Is there any chance of a smaller version that just runs 10 rounds - struggling to find the time to fit 20 in.

(I know I could just change the spreadsheet but it would be nice to keep this data on a shared database as well)

How do you guys measure this out? I am in the US so not used to using meters nor do I have a measuring tape with it.

Google "feet in a meter"
Multiply the number of feet in a meter by each mark point of the game
Mark the points
Putt

Google "feet in a meter"
Multiply the number of feet in a meter by each mark point of the game
Mark the points
Putt

Lol ok yeah that should have been simple to figure out(I blame not finishing my coffee yet)...I suppose I have enough minis to cover all the different spots. Measure from the pole?

And for the truly lazy out there....

5 meters ≈ 16' 5" or 197 inches
6 meters ≈ 19' 8" or 236 inches
7 meters ≈ 23' 0" or 276 inches
8 meters ≈ 26' 3" or 315 inches
9 meters ≈ 29' 6" or 354 inches
10 meters ≈ 32' 10" or 394 inches

Yes, from pole...a meter is just barely longer than a yard, which is about the length of a stride walking it out. I typically walk it off as exact measurements are worthless to me, its really about perception and gauging to different lengths. Sometimes the disc lands at 26 ft out. I do like Rhatton's idea of shortening the game and revaluing the points to still make 1000 the highest possible score to maintain consistency of scoring comparisons. Also would make it easier to train the mind's focus by building up to the 20 rounds by starting with 10.

Someone needs to name this game...Finnish Putting Game just doesn't have a ring or staying power. Think Gutz...Easier to say and refer to for sure. I've been wanting to challenge people in my area to play it and compare scores but so far i'm the only one in town who plays the game...but putting has been getting better!

Latest posts