• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finny's Bag

Finny

Birdie Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some FH
Golf Distance (avg/max*): Putter 200/250, Mid 275/325, Fairway 325/375, Distance 375/425

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Non-explosive hips
Other sport proficiencies?: Basketball
What do you like/dislike about your current bag and desired feedback:
Don't dislike anything. Just always looking to improve the bag and am interested in alternate suggestions.

Should note, I very much prefer discs that have the same rim width (must be within 0.1) in each category.

Bag:

Distance:
174 Lucid Trespass x2
170 Bio Trespass x2

Fairway:
169 TP Longbowman x2
173 SP Pipeline x2
169 Proline Pipeline x2

Mids:
179 Lucid EMac Truth x2
170 Bio Truth x2

Tweeners:
168 Neutron Theory x2
174 Lucid Suspect
174 Bio Suspect

Putters:
169 Icon Hunter (throwing)
174 Gravity Hunter x2 (putting)

Ever feel the need for something meatier in, well, each category??

Feel like the verdict is missing in your mids! Love me the truth/verdict combo!

Is the rim width an OCD tendency?? If so, I get
It... go through phases like that all the time...

Ever feel the need for something meatier in, well, each category??

Feel like the verdict is missing in your mids! Love me the truth/verdict combo!

Is the rim width an OCD tendency?? If so, I get
It... go through phases like that all the time...

I used to throw meatier stuff, but it was hiding bad form. So I've intentionally tried to go with more neutral molds. Longbowman and Suspect are overstable, particularly in VIP/Lucid (I have a VIP Longbowman for windier days), but I'm mostly in the woods where wind isn't a factor. Would the Verdict overlap with the Suspect?

The rim width has become an OCD thing. It started with wanting something in between my Buzzzes (1.2 cm) and Teebirds (1.7). Now it's about consistency. I don't want to have to adjust for different feeling fairway drivers, for example. And the non-negotiable width is 1.8 for the fairway slot. That's perfect for my hands. Not so big that it starts to feel like a distance driver, not so small that I might snap it too much.

I used to throw meatier stuff, but it was hiding bad form. So I've intentionally tried to go with more neutral molds. Longbowman and Suspect are overstable, particularly in VIP/Lucid (I have a VIP Longbowman for windier days), but I'm mostly in the woods where wind isn't a factor. Would the Verdict overlap with the Suspect?

The rim width has become an OCD thing. It started with wanting something in between my Buzzzes (1.2 cm) and Teebirds (1.7). Now it's about consistency. I don't want to have to adjust for different feeling fairway drivers, for example. And the non-negotiable width is 1.8 for the fairway slot. That's perfect for my hands. Not so big that it starts to feel like a distance driver, not so small that I might snap it too much.

The Verdict is a little less glidey and more fade truth. Not a meathook, but useful if you want more fade or have a headwind. As far as overlapping with the suspect, I guess that is power dependent. The Verdict is a fast mid and the suspect is a tweener, so I'd think it wouldn't.

I get the width thing, don't get me wrong. I have the same OCD tendency for the spread of my primary throwers, with an almost consistent difference of 0.4mm between each area:
1.1 Envy
1.5 Truth
1.9 Undertaker
2.2 Destroyer*

* the gap here isn't 0.4 from Undy to DS, but distance difference is enough!

So I get where you're coming from. I dig the bag, though! Could definitely go to the corse with it and would have a good idea of what to throw.

Last edited:
* the gap here isn't 0.4 from Undy to DS, but distance difference is enough!

I throw the EMac Truth in the 275-325 range and the Suspect in the 210-260 range.

The other setups I've envisioned are Prodigy putters (1.0) and MDs/MD3s (1.4)instead Suspect/Theory and the Truths. That would be 0.4 until distance drivers.

I've also considered using Envy/Proxy (1.1) instead of Suspect/Theory.

Envy is an awesome disc. Great stability. I rock a beat neutron envy in the proxy spot, but it's a great combo!

I've owned a couple. The proxy is not understable. It's stable. Good HSS, maybe a hair of turn, and very minimal LSS, maybe a hair of fade. Essentially a true point-n-shoot Putter. I've only driven with it, so no putting experience.

The Envy has true 0 HSS, with maybe a 1.5-2 fade. A premium Teebird of putters. I like to have fade on my discs, as I feel it increases predictability for me, so I really like the envy.

Love the Pipelines and the EMac. I bag both. I made space in my bag for another OS putter, the Caltrop, by getting rid of my Verdict, as I found that for most things the EMac would suffice. Only if it's a really windy day do I miss the Verdict. If you feel the need to bridge the gap between Pipeline and Truth, maybe a River. I would really recommend the Archer but that isn't the rim width you're looking for.

I've owned a couple. The proxy is not understable. It's stable. Good HSS, maybe a hair of turn, and very minimal LSS, maybe a hair of fade. Essentially a true point-n-shoot Putter. I've only driven with it, so no putting experience.

The Envy has true 0 HSS, with maybe a 1.5-2 fade. A premium Teebird of putters. I like to have fade on my discs, as I feel it increases predictability for me, so I really like the envy.

That was my fear on the Proxy. It's hard to find an understable putter that is a bit longer, comes in premium plastic, and has a stable-overstable complement.

Love the Pipelines and the EMac. I bag both. I made space in my bag for another OS putter, the Caltrop, by getting rid of my Verdict, as I found that for most things the EMac would suffice. Only if it's a really windy day do I miss the Verdict. If you feel the need to bridge the gap between Pipeline and Truth, maybe a River. I would really recommend the Archer but that isn't the rim width you're looking for.

Isn't Archer 1.5 cm? That would work.

Pipeline was such a pleasant surprise. Just wish the SPs were more stable.

That was my fear on the Proxy. It's hard to find an understable putter that is a bit longer, comes in premium plastic, and has a stable-overstable complement.

Yeah, I get that! All the US putters are always base...

It is a very workable disc, though. I'm sure after some seasoning it may experience some more understability, but I don't have experience with that.

It is a very workable disc, though. I'm sure after some seasoning it may experience some more understability, but I don't have experience with that.

What I'd love is Gateway stuff in premium plastics. Think the Shaman/Chief OS combo would be great.

Isn't Archer 1.5 cm? That would work.

Pipeline was such a pleasant surprise. Just wish the SPs were more stable.

I think the Archer is smaller. Feels like a mid, goes like a fairway. Infinite says it's 1.2. It's my new favorite disc.

PDGA has it at 1.5. I guess I trust that more?

Thinking about it, it seems the size of another of my speed 6 discs, the Kaxe Z, which is 1.5, so that's probably right.

Never thrown a PA4, so I don't know how understable it is, but could do a PA1/PA4 in premium?

Premium Chief OS would be sweet

The Verdict is a little less glidey and more fade truth. Not a meathook, but useful if you want more fade or have a headwind. As far as overlapping with the suspect, I guess that is power dependent. The Verdict is a fast mid and the suspect is a tweener, so I'd think it wouldn't.

I agree with this.

I carry the Suspect, Verdict, Emac Truth, and Truth. They all do different things. There is some overlap between the Suspect, Verdict, and Emac Truth, but I feel they are different enough.

If anything, the disc with the most overlap for me is the Emac Truth. (But I love it so it stays in!) If I want a mid with some distance that can handle wind, it's the Verdict. If I want something more workable that can go far and hold a line, it's the old Truth.

Suspects are my approach disc and also my shorter mid. There's definitely a difference in distance between the Suspect and the Verdict.

I agree with this.

I carry the Suspect, Verdict, Emac Truth, and Truth. They all do different things. There is some overlap between the Suspect, Verdict, and Emac Truth, but I feel they are different enough.

If anything, the disc with the most overlap for me is the Emac Truth. (But I love it so it stays in!) If I want a mid with some distance that can handle wind, it's the Verdict. If I want something more workable that can go far and hold a line, it's the old Truth.

Suspects are my approach disc and also my shorter mid. There's definitely a difference in distance between the Suspect and the Verdict.

I like having the EMac and OG Truth because they are so similar in the hand. Keeps it more consistent. But people do love the Verdict. So I guess I should check it out!

Latest posts