• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fireawayjoel's New Bag

fireawayjoel

Bogey Member
Years playing: Almost 1

Primary throw: RHBH with some FH and OH when prudent

After my first winter as a disc golfer (and much perusing of sales websites), I am pretty satisfied with my bag.

I will list discs from most stable to least stable...

Putters (to about 250 or 275 on golf lines):
Hard Shield (for putting)
VIP Harp - Shiny and new
TP Harp (pretty beat in)
S-Line P1
Star Dart

Mids (to about 300 on golf lines):
VIP Bard
VIP Warship
TP Warship
Comet (in whatever their champion plastic is)

Fairway Drivers to about 350 or 375 on golf lines:
C - Line FD2
C - Line FD
G - Line FD

Control Drivers/Utilities (to about 375 on golf lines):
Champion Firebird
S - Line PD
Champion Viking
TP Hatchet

Distance Drivers (pushing to 400 on semi useful lines):
Pro Wraith
TP Sword

I am starting to see the value in some mold consolidation and brand similarities. I am really hoping to just spend this year getting used to these discs.

Discs I could replace:
Comet

Any suggestions from you experienced players would be great!

The bag looks good. The only place that looks crowded is your putters. I think that you could drop the p-1 and dart and cover your lines. I do love the dart for putter drives but feel like you could get similar lines from a beat sheild. I just got a few bards myself and would like to hear how folks are using/liking them. Ive spent the last few months without an OS mid and have been using a Hyzerbomb panzer for wind and controled fade. I belive that these are VERY similar to the harp and you may be able to do without the bard. For your DDs I think that you could do one or the other with your wraith and sword and get seperation through weight, plastics, and wear. How do they fly compared to each other/weights?

I get more distance with my bard than with the harp but there is some overlap. I also find the harp to be deeper in the hand. I might take out one or the other other. Havent thrown a panzer to compare...

I am waiting for my beat harp to get a little more beat before dropping the p1 and star dart. Hoping to start cycling those.

The wraith is 168 and hasn't gotten much turn for me yet. Once it does, i will probably lose the sword.

Thanks for the suggestions!

So I recently switched to a flak x and tried to simplify my bag, reduce molds and get rid of high speed stuff that i wasnt throwig properly anyways. Any advice or feedback would be awesome.
I've been playing about a year and can get about 350 - 375 on a golf line throw.
Putting putters: Westside Medium Shield (x2)
Throwing putters: Discmania P1 (P-line and S-line) - turnovers and power down straight Westside shield (VIP and medium) - Hyzers and high speed straight shots
Midranges: MD3 (Glow, G-line, and C-line) - Overstable to straight Star Mako 3 - hyzer flip to straight C-line MD - hyzer flip to turn Star Mako - turnover shots
Fairway drivers: C- line FD2 - fade city C - line FD - straight with fade G - line FD - straight with turn VIP Seer - turnover
Drivers (from overstable to under) Sexton Firebird S-line FD3 S-line PD G-line PD G-line CD2 TP Hatchet

Latest posts