• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Firebird Replacement?

XXX or Predator. Try them both and pick one. I think the XXX may be a better disc for OH's and utility, but the Predator seems to click with more people for their normal BH or FH over stable duties. Either way you can't lose.

I'll give slop dog some QFT love.

another vote for Pred.. that is if you dont get another Firebird.. which would be my first choice :thmbup:.. the newer runs feel good and i have heard good things but yet to throw one but not hard to find nice flatty champs or glos on here

If you wanted to try something new, go with a heavy Z-Predator. It's the only disc that has been in my bag since day one for me. Might be my most predictable disc in my bag.

I would get a gold line Halo. It might be a touch faster than the firebird, but it will get out there past 300' with no problem and it's very predictable.

I would get a gold line Halo. It might be a touch faster than the firebird, but it will get out there past 300' with no problem and it's very predictable.

A touch faster?? Halo's are warp speed drivers, well out of the Fairway Driver classification that the Firebird falls into.

I'm surprised no one has brought the Tsunami into this discussion. Same mold as the Pred. different plastic.

Its an old mold pred, the current preds are not the same as a tsunami. The difference in feel and flight isnt drastic tho. Either are good discs.

Its an old mold pred, the current preds are not the same as a tsunami. The difference in feel and flight isnt drastic tho. Either are good discs.

What changed on the Pred. I haven't bought a new one (Pred or Tsunami) in over 5 years. The old ones I have are identical, except for the plastic they are made of.

No,don't get a halo. The halo is more like a boss than a firebird

What changed on the Pred. I haven't bought a new one (Pred or Tsunami) in over 5 years. The old ones I have are identical, except for the plastic they are made of.
http://discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2168

Not sure what exactly changes but this says pretty much what i said.

You could search that same database and look at the measurements and see what the diffrences are. Like i said, its not a huge difference, but they arent the same.

*i looked, tsunami is a little wider diameter and a little deeper

I like the new run of 12x Firebirds. They're easy to get and seem to fly the way you would expect a Firebird to fly. I've found the Predator to be quite a bit less overstable than a firebird. You could always try a Flick, but those are very overstable out of the box and need to break in a bit to be more firebird like.

The new 12x are as true to the Firebird flight as ever.... I currently have a few 150 class champs and they fly like they are suppose to and I have beat the **** out of the one I am currently using.

I'm a big fan of Firebird's as well.My 11 time is a beast and flies just as good as it did when I bought it,well a little straighter,but it still hyzers at the end.

I have yet to see this disc mentioned and for me this Disc flies similar to my 11 time but with more speed.

The Disc I am talking about is the Innova Starfire.I think this disc would be perfect for you if you like Firebird's.The Disc is slightly faster,has just a bit more glide,and is still pretty stable.If I need that extra oomph with a similar flight pattern to my Firebird I throw the Starfire everytime.