• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Firebird

I've thrown a Domey JL 405 FH straight and anny flexed a flat old champ 415. Usually both of those are in the 375-390 range though.

Farthest BH is about 375 with a DX FB.

I'm not sure the exact distance, but one time in a slight tail wind I managed to throw a firebird to the other side of the Grand Canyon. I would've recorded it, but battery was low.

Not far....I throw a New Pd in the 400 range. I can only get 330 to 350 with a firebird

I have 167g that i can get to fly 400 regularly. Getting a lighter firebird is quite nice. It gets out and flies straight and always finishes in its predictable slow speed fade. I have a 175g for the wind and predictable flight.

Depends on your FB and what you're using it for. I traded an ultra beefy (useless to me) FB to a guy who can get his destroyer out to 500' and the FB was too much for him to use back hand and since BH was his intended use, it didn't make his bag.

He traded it to a buddy of ours who primarily uses it for side arms and overhands and, he loves it.

Personally, I use mild domed, early 12x era FBs in 165 range and they work for me but I can't get them out much past 300' as the crow flies. Add in fade, skip and slide and it might travel 340' including the arc.

350' is my max tomahawk with a normal 175g champ FB, but don't like to throw those over 300' normally. Backhand or forehand can't get it much move over 320' with just a little turn, never tried big S-curve distance with it, but 350' would probably be the max.

The Firebird is too much disc for me, I bought a FAF star last year because I got hopped up on thinking I needed one (damn forums) and I couldn't throw it 250ft! For me, the Felon and Banshee are better options.

FH about 330, backhand I don't know, I don't throw it for distance, typically it's my big hyzer disc out to about 300 or so. Anything longer than that I'm throwing my PD2 at it.

I will throw mine to about 310'. Could probably push it a little further, but at that point it's easier to throw a CPD or an overstable Destroyer at 75%.

This all depends strictly on which firebird. I like them alot and have alot. Some fly like meat hooks one ce I swear Flys just live a orc with maybe a tick more glide and finish.

Yup, I have an old Pro (not the Pro Line crap they're making today, the good old champ pro line) that's still in new condition and I can get it to turn a bit when thrown with max power. My CFR holds up to anything I put on it and won't turn at all.

I can throw my FAF 270-330 on my best attempts anny BH. Flat is 270. I cant keep the nose down on a flat shot with this thing

Reg firebirds are further because even throwing flat ill keep the discs nose down longer.

FH i can roll my FAF a hella lot further with consistency, but my FH has yet to blossom. Id like to think i can FH a faf someday, just need more work.

No one ever believes me, but I once forehanded an old 11x about 500 feet diagonally across a football field area. It was the perfect flex with the perfect over the shoulder/tail wind.

I got an 11x that is really just a tool. It's a stupid meat hook, but at times that's what is needed for different utility shots, skip shots, and when it must finish left at all costs.

Probably 280' or so? I'm honestly not sure, since I never really throw my Firebirds for max distance shots. They are utility discs for me, but I am comfortable using them on ~300' holes if the shot requires FB stability or if it is super windy.