• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Ace

Discdude1414

I am 15 years old and have been playing for only 7 months. I recently got my 1st ace. It was a 269' hole at my local course. Is this really early for a first ace? How old were you when you had your first ace?

I am 15 years old and have been playing for only 7 months. I recently got my 1st ace. It was a 269' hole at my local course. Is this really early for a first ace? How old were you when you had your first ace?

Super Awesome Congrats, Bud....:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

I am going on almost 5 years (with a considerable break in the middle) of playing and have Not YET had an ACE. I would say you are ahead of the Curve. :hfive:

Way to go, Dude. Keep it up. Use that confidence to get out and beat those chains! :clap:

Well done! 4 years for me. Some rims hit, chains splashed, no ace yet

I started at 14, took me until I was 17 to can my first ace. Keep it up, but also focus on the 2s :thmbup:

I've been playing for 4 years, probably 1 round a week on average. Pretty accurate with most shots and have decent distance off the tee (about 350'). ZERO aces so far.

You may get another ace in a couple weeks or it could be years before you see another. It seems kinda random to me. My girlfriend plays DG with me every once in a while and she got an ace (short hole, maybe 150'). She barely even knows how to play... :|

I started at 41. Been playing a little over a year. A few metal hits on short holes, no aces.

My dad and I were playing Sharp Springs and a group of young guys let us play through. As we were teeing off we heard the chains go ching on the previous basket. We congratulated the thrower on his ace. I asked if it was his first. It was his seventh. He had been playing five months. :wall:

Good job! I started playing at 21, got an ace 1st hole of my third game. I typically get 1-3 a year usually on 150-180ft holes. Rarely when someone is playing with me.

Wel, I was 20 when i first started playing. Got the first ace sometime during the first year of play. The first hole on my hometown course is a downhill hole of 220', so plays like a 200' shot--that was the first hole many of us from there aced.

my best ace to date is hole 12 at banklick. 365 feet slightly down hill. My most recent ace was hole 14 at Mt. Airy in short position. 285 feet.

Congradulations :) I've been playing for over 4 years and never had an ace. Every time I get a chain splash or basket bounce on the first throw its hard to be happy on the disc position as that ace failed. Thought I'm sure I'll get one I'm also sure I'll be alone and if nobody see's it then it didn't happen ;)

No Aces for me after 10 years of play, but buzzed chains a lot. Congrats!

I feel ya, I played for about 12 years with no aces to go and hit two within one month that were both around 290', and bang one off the basket on a 360' (moderate downhill) hole in that same time span. One of my good friends that I play with went about 15 years BETWEEN aces, and I was lucky enough to witness them both. They can be a fickle little b.

Last edited:
Congrats on the ace! I have been playing for 6+ years and I have no aces to my name. I suck. Maybe one day...

Congrats!! No aces here after 2 yrs playing. I've had a few nice long approach birds which are nice, but still no Ace.