• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Ace

Doubley congrats, bro! What can I say, when you're on, you're on, and you are definitely on. Go get another one. My buddy got three in less than 24 hours last week if anyone knows Dean Bear. He's got his own course up in Churubusco(sp?).

I hit the pole in-flight on a drive the other day at Lincoln Park in Massillon, OH, closest I have come so far to an Ace. Just a liiiiitle higher and I woulda had it.

Hole 12:

537348bf.jpg

Ok, ummm....I'm not familiar with this course but where's the #12 basket in the picture that you just posted?

Can't find it...:confused: Is that downhill in front of the big tree?? :confused: Mark it, will ya?

Ain't interested to play "Where in the World is Basket?" games. :p

Yeah sorry, I just grabbed this from the DGCR photo page. The basket: if you go straight off the tee pad, there's a medium-size tree about 40-50 feet out with a smaller tree right in front of it, slanting left (just in front of the creek). Just to the left of the smaller tree you can see the basket, silhouetted by a far, dark tree trunk. Just slightly above and left of the center of the photo.

Nice shot Eric! I had a similar drive on that hole earlier this summer, I didn't throw as far as you did, but got within putting distance. Although this weekend I played there and played that hole terribly :p

Congrats on #1 and #2! I just got my first two days ago on a straight away 240' hole with my DX Skeeter. I thought I had over shot the hole, then it hammered the chains right in the centre. What a feeling!!! I was playing alone but luckily there were people on the adjacent fairway to see it.

I haven't gotten one but I came close at the Johnson State College course on hole 8. I hit chains but it didn't stay in.

Got my first ace on Saturday at San Gabriel Park in Georgetown, TX. It was on the new hole #5 which is wide open 200' with a creek about 10' right of the basket. There was about a 25 mph 5 o'clock sustained tailwind which caused the first two throwers Rocs to fade left more than normal. I threw a JK Pro Aviar slightly high but straight at the basket. It never turned or faded and looked like it was going to fly past the basket but then dropped down just at the right time.

Latest posts