• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Attempts

Nosh

My bud and I just finished our first dye jobs. We used MEK to remove the stamp, Rit dye (duh), contact paper and pie tins from the good will store. We might have trouble with anything larger than a driver as the tin just fits. :|

My friend's Good or Evil disc is a champ leopard. Mine is the cliche bio hazard on an old pro destroyer. We had the champ leopard in for about 2 minutes. We tried the pro destroyer at two minutes but it didn't look like the dye was dark enough so we put it in for about 3-4 minutes more. I also turned up the heat a little. Going to go cut a couple more patterns as this is quite addictive. heh :p

Attachments

• good-evil.jpg
    good-evil.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 70
  • biohzrd.jpg
    biohzrd.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 41
I think you guys did great work. Pie tins huh? lol

Thanks for the feedback. I just got done with two more. They are just a couple designs I found on the net. Champ Valk in red and DX Valk in white. The DX was an experiment... I cooked it pretty good. :eek: I have a few spare DX discs to practice on until I know I can dye DX plastic.

Attachments

• champ_valk.jpg
    champ_valk.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 33
  • dx_valk.jpg
    dx_valk.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
The one on the left makes me think of a trippy sonic the hedgehog, I like it!

I don't know if I am more excited for my next round of golf or my next round of dye lol. Thanks for the comments, I was happy to see the good/evil disc turn out as well as it did for my first attempt. More discs to follow!

I'm done with DX plastic.

Here are my latest attempts. Left to right: Champ Leopard, Champ Valk (cover of pot leaf marker someone did on the bottom) and DX Beast (my third and last attempt to dye a DX disc). It seems like you have to get the disc really warm to get the dye to take but that leaves you with a warped disc.

Attachments

• leopard_dye.jpg
    leopard_dye.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 27
  • celticknot_dye.jpg
    celticknot_dye.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 34
  • beast_dye.jpg
    beast_dye.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
I just tried my first attempt at dying this week. the champion plastic did great.the star plastic did great. the pro-r plastic, well not so great. it took forever to get any thing to stick and the colors were really faded.
nice job on your disc.

DON'T use pie tins.

Pie tins for dying discs works pretty well if you plan on leaving the dye in the tins on the stove. Trying to get the left over dye in a container is another story. I'm just glad the dye doesn't stain my stove. :eek: My latest dye below; however, I lost it in a river from a bad deflection off of a tree at Jericho Lake on Sunday. If someone scoops it up, they will have a neat disc in their bag. :p

Attachments

• sidewinder_dye.jpg
    sidewinder_dye.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 23