• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

shout out to Mr Frosty, who has crossed into 300 review territory, the 12th to do so. :clap: All of them in the last 25 months. A 137 reviews so far in 2020. :eek:

he joins mndiscg and pizzagod (and possibly mashnut), to hit 300 reviews and not be diamond level yet.

His profile page link below.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=79171

updated stats as of this post.
username (reviews) :thmbup:
MrFrosty (338) 1630
Bennybennybenny (193) 1259
Pizza God (345) 1178
Thrembo (154) 967
Blake (112) 954
BigAl724 (141) 947
solomon.trenton (68) 941
RussMB (109) 936
ZMan44 (110) 936
KenanFlagler01 (165) 935

Thrembo is like one road trip away from 1000. But does he have the uniques?

BigAl724 (141) 947

Shoutout to my bro, who started his disc golf journey the same day I did when we walked into Moraine blissfully unaware sharing an Innova starter set between us and shot somewhere in the realm of 100. I remember thinking that it was way harder than I remembered my one round played in college under questionable levels of sobriety being.

Now that I've since crossed the Diamond threshold myself (got there first!), I'm rooting for you, bro.

And, can't forget Blake! Good to have another TR and all-around good dude representing the NOLA region.

To those I've not met, and old friends that I haven't seen in a long time! I'm so glad to see this thread is still being maintained. I've been under a lot of... well, we'll call them "life circumstances" these last few years, to the point Disc Golf just went dormant in my life. However, things have finally broke and I'm playing again. Man, it felt like I was throwing for the first time all over again. But man, it felt so good to be out again. Time to get some new courses played and get the reviews flowing again.

And, can't forget Blake! Good to have another TR and all-around good dude representing the NOLA region.

Thanks! And thanks to @wellsbranch250 for the shoutout as well! COVID has definitely put a slow down on my ability to take a couple road trips during the year, but I'm going to start doing little day trips a couple hours away from me to get in a few more courses by the end of the year.

But while Diamond Trusted Reviewer would be nice, it doesn't mean as much to me as just knowing people value not just my reviews, but good reviews in general. It's nice knowing what you're getting into when you're heading out to a course for the first time, or looking for a good one when you're out of town.

So keep writing reviews! And just as importantly- KEEP UPDATING COURSE CONDITIONS!

Thank you, this has been my lil soap box.

updated stats as of this post.
username (reviews) :thmbup:
MrFrosty (338) 1630
Bennybennybenny (193) 1259
Pizza God (345) 1178
Thrembo (154) 967
Blake (112) 954
BigAl724 (141) 947
solomon.trenton (68) 941
RussMB (109) 936
ZMan44 (110) 936
KenanFlagler01 (165) 935

Thrembo is like one road trip away from 1000. But does he have the uniques?

Maybe. Do Downs count?

that appears to not be the case.

If unique voters who only down-voted don't count, then I'll need to revise my list and recalculate my number of unique voters ... maybe we can get a clarification from Tim G.

If unique voters who only down-voted don't count, then I'll need to revise my list and recalculate my number of unique voters ... maybe we can get a clarification from Tim G.

Asking timg would be the way to clarify. It's always seemed to me like a logical fallacy to assume that down votes would contribute to unique voters (unless those voters had also given positives...)

the way c_a_miller made it sound, that appears to not be the case. You probably should go on a disc golf road trip and test the theory. ;)

The next big road trip will hopefully be to Tallahassee in February. Knock off Cemetary Point and Perry on the way through. Some new local courses have been popping up and there is another new course in Lake County brewing.

Maybe. Do Downs count?

I honestly don't know if :thmbdown:'s count, but I assumed they do. I even thanked them:

Thanks guys! Knew I was getting close, but no clue I'd amassed 200 unique voters and was simply waiting for my 1000th helpful vote... figured I was gonna be Cubic Zirconia until my next road trip.

To everyone who thumbed down one of my reviews: I thank you.
For all I know, if one of you hadn't, I might still be waiting for that 200th unique voter.

I emailed Tim and asked. His response clarifying what a reviewer needs to reach Diamond TR status:

"It would be 250 unique people giving your review a thumbs up. Thumbs down actually counts against you a bit but you have to have a LOT of them for it to really hurt your chances."

Hey everybody, Happy New Year!
I updated the Trusted Reviewer Statistics page, this time keeping all 455 names in the same list, sorted by thumbs up. That way, those who are just a heartbeat away from reaching the next level should pop out at you. :)
Last years' stats are available for comparison on the next tabs at the bottom, so you can see who made a move this year.

Finally, I'd really like to ask TimG if there is anyone who wants to take this over, especially someone with google sheets talent who might be able to have the data carry itself over, possibly even 'live'. This old, manual, annual way takes WAY too much effort...

Hey everybody, Happy New Year!
I updated the Trusted Reviewer Statistics page, this time keeping all 455 names in the same list, sorted by thumbs up. That way, those who are just a heartbeat away from reaching the next level should pop out at you. :)
Last years' stats are available for comparison on the next tabs at the bottom, so you can see who made a move this year.

Finally, I'd really like to ask TimG if there is anyone who wants to take this over, especially someone with google sheets talent who might be able to have the data carry itself over, possibly even 'live'. This old, manual, annual way takes WAY too much effort...

I'm don't know all of the tips and tricks when it comes to google sheets beyond setting up sums and averages, but I would be interested in potentially learning more about sheets and helping out, whether that be looking into how to make live updates, or maintaining the spreadsheet more often. That's a lot of work for one person to do manually. I'm sure other reviewers would love to see their and other folks' progression over time on one spreadsheet as well. I know I have 30 more thumbs up since you updated this spreadsheet last, and it would be interesting to see how other reviewers are climbing too.

I nerd out about the most random opportunities to input and analyze data, and I know I have liked keeping up with my own stats and unique voters.

Last edited:

Latest posts