• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Shadrach recently topped 2000 thumbs on their reviews. I believe they are only the 13th person to achieve that. Congrats!

Shadrach has the perfect storm brewing to hit diamond level, and deserve it he does. I'm not much over 2000 thumbs and I've been doing this for what feels like forever. This new crop of reviewers that are on the cusp of diamond are all much better reviewers than I am, was or will ever be. I love to see it. :clap:

Shadrach has the perfect storm brewing to hit diamond level, and deserve it he does. I'm not much over 2000 thumbs and I've been doing this for what feels like forever. This new crop of reviewers that are on the cusp of diamond are all much better reviewers than I am, was or will ever be. I love to see it. :clap:

He still has plenty of courses he's played and hasn't reviewed yet as well, and he seems to be good about reviewing just about everywhere he plays. He's played Idlewild and Mt. Airy, so there are some prominent courses he could be reviewing soon.

He still has plenty of courses he's played and hasn't reviewed yet as well, and he seems to be good about reviewing just about everywhere he plays. He's played Idlewild and Mt. Airy, so there are some prominent courses he could be reviewing soon.

Yep, I'm planning on reviewing all the courses I played in late 2021. Graduated college and got married, so been a little busy lately and got backed up on reviews :p

i've kind of run out steam/courses within an hour to review. but i might clean up the last few, and a couple new ones in my radius while it's cool outside. But i'm fine with being gold, i'm mainly doing it bc i like good reviews, and honest ratings.

though if i get diamond- Tim you'll be getting an email requesting that wooden mini for SURE :)

Congrats Russ. One review in 4 years. Imagine he must have been close for a long time.

I think he was around 50 away a year ago based on Tim's Google sheet. I gave a couple thumbs to see, and sure enough they had the uniques and just needed to hit 1,000.

Congratulations to RussMB, who is now the 49th Diamond Level Trusted Reviewer on DGCR!

WOW!!! Thrembo just let me know!! Thank you to Everyone for all your Thumbs up!! It's been hard to get out and travel these last few years. Where I'm working now keeps me extremely busy. I was grateful to add the one review last year. I'm currently snowed in, but I hope to keep progressing and getting out more and more, like I did last year. Thank you again!! I started writing these reviews back in 2009. I know I'm not on here as much, but DGcoursereview will always be my #1 Disc golf page. A big thank you to all the DGCR Family members that took time to read my reviews and give them a Thumbs up!! I cannot thank you enough!!

Congrats Russ. One review in 4 years. Imagine he must have been close for a long time.

The last 900 was a crawl!! There was that point, up until a year ago, I didn't play for almost 2 or 3 years. I checked it at Christmas, I was at 994. I thought, I've got to get out and play somewhere new when the weather is decent. (fyi: It's not decent yet!)

I'm not sure what sparked the latest burst but know that I am truly and extremely grateful!! Thank you again!! ...and a big Thank You to Thrembo, for letting me know!! I miss our days of traveling to courses up and down Florida's Southwest Coast!!

Here's to the next 1000!! (Platinum? Titanium? Vibranium? ;) )
Hopefully it won't take 12 years. :)

I think he was around 50 away a year ago based on Tim's Google sheet. I gave a couple thumbs to see, and sure enough they had the uniques and just needed to hit 1,000.

Thank you!! I really didn't think I'd ever see it happen!! lol This by far one one of those accomplishments that I will hold close to me!

I just saw that Ryal crossed the 1000 vote threshold. Must have happened a few weeks ago. Congrats sir. Hopefully 250 uniques isn't too far away.

Waiting for 250 uniques
2553 Shadrach3
1813 HyooMac
1333 Blake883
1300 Knobby325
1292 pmay5
1291 KenanFlagler01
1269 Thrembo
1057 Cerealman
1044 Ryal

Waiting for 250 uniques

1813 HyooMac

I have no idea where I am with uniques, so my current sprint is to get to 250 reviews and 2500 upvotes. I posted review #225 today. I have 8-9 played courses yet to review- and a barnstorming trip to the DelMarVa peninsula this weekend, with a bagging target of 14 courses.

We're back in season, boys and girls!

If it happens....

Waiting for 250 uniques

1300 Knobby325

Just was lucky to pass the 90 uniques to get gold late in 2021, so, I'm in a more "if it happens, it happens." mode. On a week of "use it or lose it" vacation, doing OK at hitting courses. Would be better if the weather cooperated. Actually been on a tear of adding courses this spring (4 already). Courses numbers exploding here in Iowa, know of another 7 or 8 in process plus a couple of major re-designs in process. If the stars align, I may be able to hit a top 10 course next week. Fingers crossed.

HyooMac is right, we're back in season!

I feel bad for modern reviewers that struggle to get unique voters. I had my own struggles getting votes in the rural midwest but I had diamond right when I finally hit 1000.

Reviewers have it sooooo much easier these days. Any semi-decent review seemingly gets an easy 10+ positive votes these days. Back in the day, we were lucky to get four or five. Case on point - there's a recent review for a course just outside Charlotte. It got 13 votes in two days. That same course has multiple reviews more than a decade old that all have five or less votes. So, who has it harder getting votes?

Reviewers have it sooooo much easier these days. Any semi-decent review seemingly gets an easy 10+ positive votes these days. Back in the day, we were lucky to get four or five. Case on point - there's a recent review for a course just outside Charlotte. It got 13 votes in two days. That same course has multiple reviews more than a decade old that all have five or less votes. So, who has it harder getting votes?

Yeah, I get a little disappointed when I don't hit at least 8. Good to know that I'll be waiting for enough uniques for a long while.

Agree/disagree. You used to only need 200 uniques I believe. It's up to 250 now, and has been for at least a few years now. That's a large jump. Uniques are much harder to come by. When I started reviewing courses there was no Udisc. This was THE place to find courses. I use both now, but for different reasons.

You're clearly leaving out the fact that the extra 4 to 6 extra votes now are by the same 4 to 6 same people. I support people writing reviews for this site. That's how we improve. You seem to choose the opposite. I give thumbs down for nonsense, but choose to not vote at all when it looks like a Udisc review but at least provides a current evaluation of a course.

I'll be playing in your area next month, I love your reviews which you know about, hence the crown next to your name. I never reached out to you for any tips because you come across as a pompous ass on here. It's a disc golf course review website, lighten up.

Latest posts