• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First disc you ever bought?

Drowsy

Bogey Member
Sorry if this is already somewhere, searching on my phone is really tough. My first disc was a reaper. It was a learning experience, a long, painful, uninformed learning experience. And I went out solo too..

First disc golf disc I bought was a DX Leopard, but that was something like 8 years before I knew about disc golf. The first disc golf discs I bought when I started actually playing were D-P2, D-MD1 and DX Beast. Worked pretty well actually, even if I know realize how bad the Beast was for me at that point. I didn't stick with only those for long, very quickly added more discs. =)

Innova starter set 150 class dx leopard, shark and aviar p&a. Took my kids out with me and gave them the leopard and shark and I played with the aviar. Had no idea what I was doing was smart.

I bought a tie dye (grass green and tree bark brown) Beast only because it said "extra long driver" on it. I remember thinking: "Why would you want to throw a shorter disc?!"

DX starfire because a n00b freind told me something about how star is good (I guess he was referring to the plastic)

Pro katana because it was the fastest disc they had at the store according to the chart. I started as a forehand thrower though an with a baseball background I could throw it 400' right away. A lot of people at that course started buying katanas after that.

IIRC Champ Valk 175 and soon after that Omega SS. Or possibly at the same time. 8 years ago. Two years prior to that i started with beach discs because those were cheap and i could afford to lose them as a student and me and my friends sucked at finding discs then. And i used similar discs when i first played in the early 1980s.

A Bottom Stamp DX Aviar 175. Really Stiff plastic like a Classic Aviar. I think in that same trip I bought a DX Shark at about 166, beat up way too quick and became impossible to throw for me. I didn't know anything about weights at the time. The Aviar is still my main putter, the Shark mysteriously disappeared along the way. Not really sure what happened to it.

This was sometime from a week-month after St. Patty's day 2009 (my first time ever playing).

Was given a KC Pro Banshee as my first disc. Bought a 177g Z Glide as my first actual purchase. Next was a used Pro-D Stratus for $5 from our local pond scavenger.

Colin said:
I bought a tie dye (grass green and tree bark brown) Beast only because it said "extra long driver" on it. I remember thinking: "Why would you want to throw a shorter disc?!"

I think that's pretty common. My first 2 was a Reaper, bought it because its a really nice tie died one and said extra long ranger on it and a GL Halo..bought that because it said "superfast max distance"

I threw them and had fun, I had a good idea that they were a bit much for me, though maybe not how much too much.

I then promptly came to the forums,I now have a River, DX Roc with a Leopard and Warlock on the way.

175g dx beast and a 175g dx dart then quickly got the 175g dx leopard that I got my first ace with

Latest posts