• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] first discraft disc....

champ

I crossed a line today, good or bad, I'm not sure?

I bought my first discraft disc today. The lucky disc.....Buzz ESP

What are some of your favorite discraft discs? What can't I live without?

I crossed a line today, good or bad, I'm not sure?

I bought my first discraft disc today. The lucky disc.....Buzz ESP

What are some of your favorite discraft discs? What can't I live without?

You now have the one you need. Can't go wrong with a Buzzz in the bag.

What can't I live without?

Depends on what you throw now.
I will say that the Comet is truly a unique disc that has no equivalent.
Preds are really nice bot not quite as unique as the Comet.
The Buzzz stands out but you already got one of those.
APXs are similar to but much better than Magics IMO.

Everything else that I can think of has a close parallel made by some other company.

Discraft has some great mids. Not a must have disc, but i'm not sure if it has an equail is the Flx Drone, a very overstable Mid

Can go wrong with any of these: Meteor, Buzz, Wasp, Drone......

ESP Buzzz is one of the most versatile discs out there - love mine.

I bought my first discraft disc not too long ago. A Pro-D buzzz. It's gotten really beaten up after just a few rounds, and the plastic is starting to peel away in some places. Is this common or did I just get a bad disc?

Discraft has some great mids. Not a must have disc, but i'm not sure if it has an equail is the Flx Drone, a very overstable Mid

Can go wrong with any of these: Meteor, Buzz, Wasp, Drone......

I agree completely. Discraft Mids are the must haves, drivers and putters are very close across manufacturers.

Buzz, Meteor, Drone.

I'd be lost without my XL, Buzzz, Comet, and 150 class Surge (seriously, not the same disc as the standard Surge). Also my Stratus, although it's semi-interchangable with my Stingray.

Buzzz is the 1 disc to have if you only have 1 from Discraft. You'll get a lot of answers but far and away the Buzzz is 1 of the most popular discs from any manufacturer. It does just about everything very well.

If you throw FH, you can't beat the Flick. A FH throwers dream.

First off, the buzzz rules...
Looking at your lineup, I'd say the Reaper could replace your Banshee (although I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me there)...
I also switch from throwing Wraiths to throwing the Surge SS...get it in ESP FLX plastic and you might just get rid of your Wraiths...

I bought my first discraft disc not too long ago. A Pro-D buzzz. It's gotten really beaten up after just a few rounds, and the plastic is starting to peel away in some places. Is this common or did I just get a bad disc?

IMHO, Pro-D is about the most fragile baseline plastic that's out there. It seems I've worked with balsa that was more dent resistent. If you liked the way it flew when you first got it, do yourself a favor and get a Buzz in better plastic. Even Elite X(similar to Innova's Pro) is a quantum leap forward in durability. I currently have a Z Buzz that has been in the bag for the better part of 18 mos. and it has not lost much stability at all.

IMHO, Pro-D is about the most fragile baseline plastic that's out there. It seems I've worked with balsa that was more dent resistent. If you liked the way it flew when you first got it, do yourself a favor and get a Buzz in better plastic. Even Elite X(similar to Innova's Pro) is a quantum leap forward in durability. I currently have a Z Buzz that has been in the bag for the better part of 18 mos. and it has not lost much stability at all.

Yeah Pro D is lacking in everything but feel. I love its grippy matted feel. My D Avenger is great, but I've put dings in it's edge by throwing it in a grass field. Putters you couldn't ask for anything more though. I've got a D Buzzz I'm breaking it to compete with my beat DX shark as a turnover disc, so I'll see if mine ends up like his.

Ouch, I neglected to mention the Banger-GT...soft or ESP, that's a money putter right there!

Buzzz is $$$, it took me finding one in a tree last year to try one -- it was the disc golf gods saying I needed one!

Others I like:

ESP Meteor, very sexy straight midrange with awesome glide
ESP Surge, like an innova wraith but a tad more flippy
ESP Avenger, great headwind driver and/or forehand driver -- pretty overstable.
Soft Magnet, the putter I'm best with -- a nice straight flyer

The very 1st discs my brother and I ever picked up were Discraft. 2 XLs and an X2. Right now in my bag I've got a Crush, a Surge, a Focus, and 2 different Buzzz discs. I love the Buzzz