• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

first ever birdie

randy.colwell

I know it might not be that big of an idea to some people, but I wanted to talk about my first ever birdie and could only think of one place that might appreciate it, and DGCR immediately comes to mind. I've been playing recreationally off and on for almost 3 years up until a few months ago started taking it seriously enough to get better instead of just flinging it down the fairway whenever I thought about going to the course. After about 2 months of playing at least once a week I finally achieved my very first birdie, even though the hole was less than 300ft, I am still proud of myself. My next step is to get my next one. You may think I'm silly for posting this but my wife doesn't play and out of all my friends only a handful play. I'm not looking for an at-a-boy or a pat on the back or anything like that, just wanted to give a thank you to the help this community has given me for pointers

Congrats man. Great feeling! Once I got my first it was like the flood gates opened and they began a regular part of my game

Congrats! I've been playing a long time, but getting a birdie still puts a smile on my face.

If you feel this way about a birdie, imagine how you'll feel on your first ace!
Congratz! :clap:

Being a newbie old dude with a noodle arm I can appreciate the feeling. I've had a couple now but my big joy is hitting a 30 foot putt or a 60 foot approach for par. While scores are nice I just want to see improvement between the inconsistency.

Congrats

How did you get it???

Congrats sir! Did you get an accurate drive or did you bury a putt from way outside the circle? I'm not rolling in the birdies myself so I understand the excitement.

Congratulations! :clap:

...and welcome to the addiction. It's like the Dark Side. You know, cookies & all! :D

It's like the Dark Side. You know, cookies & all! :D

I have never had cookies on the disc golf course... Am I doing it wrong?

Congratz on your first birdie! I remember that feeling. Birdies are always nice to get, no matter how long/short or difficult/easy the hole is.

This a great place to share your disc golf experiences... None of my friends play DG.. several play ball golf so they just don't get it,.. so this is the perfect place to share the excitement.. Thanks keep it up.

That's awesome. I know the feeling since I only birdie once every few rounds. Congrats!

I was just talking to a buddy about mine.. It was about 6 months ago and I still remember like it was yesterday. La Mirada hole 2 on the back. I ended up getting two birds that day. Congrats many more will come!

I only got my first legitimate par about two months ago. A few weeks ago I got my first legit birdie. Last week, I walked away with a couple birdies, a majority of pars, and an ace being denied by the chastity belt. I wasn't upset getting denied the ace since I was so excited of just getting that close.

I know I'm going to plateau for a bit but dang, this game is fun.

Awesome. And the feeling never ends...there are holes around town here that are tough pars for me, so birds there are the best. I'm not a math guy, stat-keeper, and I have a terrible memory now...but I always know when I bird a hole for the first time.

Not silly at all. Congrats and many, many more to come. And 300 or 600 or 150 or even less for that matter, its a birdie and its your first!

:hfive:

I remember my first birdie. Only 214' and downhill. Only about 150' But then Cha-Ching!!! Birdie! I screamed like an 8 year old girl. People heard me in 8 counties.

Way to go.

Latest posts