• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2012

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
There was a thread like this posted for 2011 and I didn't find one for 2012. So here it is. When/Where/How was your first round of 2012?

I didn't actually play a round last night. But I was on my own course, Dixie Lee DGC, at 12:05 A.M. after watching the countdown with my wife and 7 year old daughter. I had just wrapped up my final round of 2011 at 11:45 P.M. and only came inside to be with my family.

I only played three holes at 12:05-12:15 A.M., but wondered if anyone else was on a course before that? I figure that some hard core DGers might have been camping on the course. :)

My first full rounds were this afternoon, 1-1-12, at about 2:00. I played 18 holes at Dixie Lee. Made at least 3 really dumb mistakes that lead to a 3 over par 31 from the Orange tees. Then made up for it a little with a 1 under 27 from the Green tees.

I hope that everyone has a great 2012 and that your discs fly straight (when you want them to).

Be well. Jim

i went to my home course today are 12 pm to play a round..and i missed a lot of putts it was horrible! but still fun hopefully it was just from my lil bit of a hangover

God it was AWFUL!!!!! Here in So Cal the temperature was in the LOW EIGHTIES!!!!

No kidding, actually, it was.

I played Oak Grove, the first permanent DG course in the world, at +3, went home happy :)

My club, the Mile High Disc Golf Club held our anual first tags match today. It was clearly my first round of the year. Temps were cool but the sun was out. The wind was light and there was almost no one in the park at Johnny Roberts DGC. I shot one of my best rounds ever at -8. Out of 80 peeps, including most of the local pros, I ended up just 4 throws behind the winner and took tag #9. I doubt I will keep it all year but it is kinda cool to have a top 10 tag in a club that regularly hands out over 300 tags.

Went out to my home course and shot a -2 in strong winds. I was very happy. more importantly, I putted very well.

Should've prepared the pics before posting the thread. In any case, here I am at 12:05 this morning, on the course. Lovely phone camera self portrait. :p

picture.php

Played a Day/Glow tourney at reedy creek park. One round at 1pm and one round in the dark starting around 530pm. I shot awful but it was a really good time.

Rockburn 0745-0845

Had the course to myself. Shot a 59.

Hopefully the start to another year filled with disc golf (379 rounds in 2011).

Played in perfect temperatures at N. Asheboro. Felt like I was hit by a truck b/c I played my first games of full court ball two days prior but other than that I had a lot of fun.

Played in perfect temperatures at N. Asheboro. Felt like I was hit by a truck b/c I played my first games of full court ball* two days prior but other than that I had a lot of fun.

*in a year since I broke my foot. I didn't just start playing basketball. :| Sorry about that. Good thing nobody reads my posts anymore.

Prerube suxxors

great weather 60 degrees and sunny.... played our olcal sunday doubles and shot a -15 on our 20 hole setup and won!! great start to the new year!!

My first round was at 2:00p.m. at armco park white course in Ashland,Ky. I played white tree long pins in 30 to 45 winds. Finished +7 and was very happy with that in those conditions. Only one bird but it was on a hole not birdied that often. Got high hopes for this DG year.

Started the year off with a sweet drop in deuce and finished out -6 to successfully defend tag #1 today! I was 9 down at one point and jumped on the bogey train to finish the round (still tied my personal record though, despite the heavy winds)

First round of 2012 was at 8:00 am @ Dexter Park in Oregon. Just as always it got the better half of me again.

2012 was the first doubles mini for my local club. Pulled the local ringer as a partner took first in a playoff by sinking two 35'+ putts for birds. Great way to start the year!!

Well, I've never played in a tournament. So I just went and played, I actually jumped in with a couple guys and shot -2. Good way to start off the new year.

First round was the festive New Years Round at Sedgley Woods in Philly...doubt there will be many rounds like that one....169 players drinking and merrymaking on just 19 holes. There was a 23some and a 14some. Great start to the Year.

My first round of 2012 was at Chadwick Lake disc golf course at Mississippi State University. It was around 12:30 on the morning of January 2nd. It was cold and I shot like poo. Hope it isnt a sign of things to come :S