• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2017?

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
It's hard to believe that it's been another year, but here I am, again.

I just got off of the course about 10 minutes ago after finishing my first round of 2017. I played my traditional 9 holes from the Red tees at KMDGC.

I started out the year right with a birdie on the first hole. Two bogeys and another 3 birdies put me at -2 for the round. Not bad for just an Aviar and Buzzz with LEDs and a UV flashlight.

How about anybody else?

First Putt of 2017

Here's a pic of my first putt of 2017. Hopefully it's a sign of good putting this year. :D

picture.php

15780868_10210035685201153_2524492587024522137_n.jpg

Midnight glow round in Queensland Australia, up a mountain in the dark. Watched the fireworks happening in town and then hit the course...chinging in the new year!

I plan on playing my 1st round 2017 Monday morning probably at the new Punta Gorda course.

You guys rock.

Today's forecast calls for wind, rain and thunderstorms, with 39 degree temperatures. I'll wait for the thunderstorms to pass, then go light up the course and make some noise of my own :clap:

Happy New Year!

You guys rock.

Today's forecast calls for wind, rain and thunderstorms, with 39 degree temperatures. I'll wait for the thunderstorms to pass, then go light up the course and make some noise of my own :clap:

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I hope its at least 70 degrees for my round tomorrow morning or I might have to break out the hoody.

it was cold and raining off and on and 45degrees in beautiful, balmy, SC today

Still got a round in between rain showers, Shoaly Creek, Boiling Springs, SC - great course- very challenging for me from the long tees-
+5, for a first time on that course in wet conditions, with my skill level, from the long tees? I'll take it :)

Happy New Year, and Happy Discing to all!

Played my club's (PikesPeak Flying Disc Club) annual first tags match in absolutley gorgeous weather. Minimal wind, 56 degrees, sunshine and hardly any snow on the ground.

Shot a 54 (4 birdies and 4 bogeys) which was a damn sight better than last year when I shot a 66 in 3 inches of snow. Fun round and a great start to the year. And I won a club stamped GStar Roc3 in a raffle!

I played my annual New Year's Day round at Glen Helen Regional Park in Devore, CA. It was mostly sunny and chilly with temps only rising to the mid 50's.

6 of us showed up for our normal sunday 9am dubs.
34 ish degrees and a dusting of snow

I'm jealous of you guys that got in a new years glow round. I was stuck with dreary, cold misty and wet conditions for my first round...which showed. A brootal round where anything that could go wrong did. Every tree, every roll away etc. +10 for 18 holes...
Hopefully not an omen for the rest of the year, just simply getting all of the bad out of the way now!

Got a round in today and it was just one of those days. Missed almost every drive (though I think I found nearly every tree on the course), putts were high, putts were low...I figure I at least got that round out of the way, 2017 can only go up from here.

Went out to Milby this afternoon for the first round in a couple of weeks, not as rusty as I expected. Overcast and a muggy 75 here in Houston.

It's going to be raining here all day, but I'm going to try and get a quick round in. My goal is to get back to over 100 rounds next year. My injuries and a job change cut down my play time.

With healthier knees and a new job in 2017 hopefully it will be a good DG year.

My first two rounds of 2017 were played at a course designed by David & Chris Sauls. Shot a combined 38 - 16 birdies, 2 pars - playing through twice on this 972-foot layout.

I played in our New Years Day Tournament at Winton Woods. 30th anniversary for that tournament.
I didn't play too bad, my putts were OK but I got three bogies in two rounds which isn't good if you know Winton Woods.

Almost 80 people showed up which was down from previous years of 120+ players.
Had a great time, got to see old friends I hadn't seen in years and I almost got an ace.

Played the Eagle in Olpe, outside of Emporia KS. It beat me down. High winds + lots of water = 3 lost discs. 20 over par, no birdies and only 4 pars. Ouch! Not the way I wanted to kick off 2017, but I will persevere. Good luck to all of you this year.