• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2017?

Played our normal league round on Sunday. First throw...shanked into a tree 30 feet off the teepad. Great way to start off a new year.

I am looking forward to my first round of the year, but it won't be happening anytime soon. Over 140 inches and counting.

Shot -5 at Josh Franklin Memorial but could have easily been -8 or -9 if my putting didn't suck that day. Also threw my longest drive ever, and it was on the course (buddy and I grabbed his wheel he uses for baseball, course wasn't busy at all). Not an awful start I'd say

Finally got in a round yesterday. Played as well as always, like poop. Wish I could get back into last years routine. Was playing two or three times a week and playing pretty well.

Played my first of the year yesterday. Two rounds on my local 9 holer, was not too bad considering I haven't touched a disc since Dec. 26th.

I played as expected and even picked up a few birdies along the way. Just want out to throw and have fun.

The weather was nice, calm, sunny and did I mention it was 65 degrees outside? Suck it northern States :D!

Last edited:
We have had a couple weirdly warm days mixed in around here, but my wife and kids are doing their thing and quietly ruining my life.

Probably not until spring actually gets here. Been a very ugly winter around these parts. Haven't thrown since early November, but I look at it as helping my bad throwing shoulder.

Rain or shine I'll finally have the free time to get in my first round of the year tomorrow. Even of it doesn't rain it is going to be a sloppy mess. Don't care. I just want to throw. Bringing my bag, minus a few discs I don't want to run the risk of cracking, and glow discs in the trunk. I can hopefully get in two rounds before it gets dsrk, but if not, I'll pull out the glow.

Did not play 1st full round of the year until last saturday. Normally get about an hour of field work each afternoon but hard to get to a course with enough daylight left after work and weekends belong to the kids

Latest posts