• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] First Run Axis vs. Newer Run Axis

bsheisey

Bogey Member
Sorry if this is a re-post, but I couldn't find my answer with the search function. Do the First Run Axises have different flight characteristics than the newer runs, or are they consistent throughout all of their runs? I am asking because I know the newer runs of the Shocks and Vectors are different than their First Run counterparts. Thanks for the help!

There are no differences.

When the Axis had not yet been released I received two testers, a flat green and a moderately domey orange. The flat one was very neutral with just barely less than 0 hss, like -.25/2 lss The orange was a solid 0 hss with 2.5 or so lss. Neither were what I would call flippy or beefy for a straight mid, they were both very controllable. On www.youtube.com/thediscgolfvids there is a video of me throwing the Axis for the first time using these two testers, if you search my channel for axis first flight it should show up.

These days most of the Axis I see are closer to the orange one, no turn and a decent fade. I don't know if its the disc or my throw but I feel the current ones have a touch less fade while retaining the 0 hss. This is why the Axis is my favorite straight shot mid, because I k ow it won't turn but it hardly has any fade thrown flat.

i have a very early run axis and a new run in eclipse, the new run has noticeable higher PLH difference.

Mike C is correct, the new ones have 0 HSS and a slow predictable fade.. overall very straight.

Little less fade than a buzzz, but similar flight otherwise.

Thanks for the help guys! Mike, the video was particularly helpful, as are all of your videos.

Every time someone asks me about MVP discs i just shoot them a video with mike c throwing them.. it gets them every time :D

Thanks mike.

Only difference is the early runs you could find lighter weights. Now they are all heavier with no light weights available.
That's my experience anyway.....

I personally use Axis for powered anhyzers. The first runs are amazing due to their high weights(180-182) so they fade back a little more for me then the Neutrons; As their max is 176.

I personally use Axis for powered anhyzers. The first runs are amazing due to their high weights(180-182) so they fade back a little more for me then the Neutrons; As their max is 176.

Neutron Axis are produced heavier than 176. I've had 178s.

Latest posts