• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Auction] FIRST RUN MVP ION - Ends 3/26/14 @ 12:00 noon EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy price bump, bump!

There are yellow and green flightplates too. There are also the clear ones that were sent to the PDGA for testing. I have this one.

sweet snag tbird888, I saw when bignik was selling that one. wondered who got it. I wasn't referring to the protos, like the yellow, when I said I'd like to see a white one that's a FR. I've Still only seen red and blue as the color of the real "first runs"... not protos. and if that's wrong, I'd still not only like to see it, I'd love to see it/ esp being an ion fan. :thmbup:

holy price bump, bump!

sweet snag tbird888, I saw when bignik was selling that one. wondered who got it. I wasn't referring to the protos, like the yellow, when I said I'd like to see a white one that's a FR. I've Still only seen red and blue as the color of the real "first runs"... not protos. and if that's wrong, I'd still not only like to see it, I'd love to see it/ esp being an ion fan. :thmbup:
Mine's supposed to be clear. The one I have should've been clear. It's one of the first three to come through the mold and was burnt because of excessive heat. It's not what I meant when I said yellow though.

There are both green and yellow flightplate/red rim first runs out there. The last person to look for a yellow/red FR put up an offer of $300 and didn't get a nibble that I know of.

...not at maybe 7/10 condition which that actually is...

I assure this disc is in excellent condition. If any bidders are concerned that it is anything less, I will gladly post detailed pics of the VERY minor signs of wear that it has. At a quick glance, you'd think this disc has never been thrown, but it has, and I am happy to be upfront about that. But it is nowhere near a 7/10.

They on average go for $300+ that bids fair. Wish you luck as this disc is a beauty!

no they don't.. not at maybe 7/10 condition which that actually is. I paid $80 for the SAME disc...

under $90 :popcorn:

10/10 doesn't even pull $300....

I'd disagree with both you. Sorta. I'm not gonna comment on the overall condition, only that IMO ink on a 1/375 collector disc is more than a .5 point deduction. Still, in this condition its worth more than $90 but less than $300.

I just had a Mint FR Ion on DGCE on FB for 2.5 days and I got a $250 high offer. I was looking for $300, no takers.

The sleepy scale doesn't exist with different rating rules because a disc is limited edition. It's universal.

It's not just ink. It's been deflashed, and there's damage from attempted ink removal. Even if it were just ink, I would consider it a 9 at most. Why people ink discs they don't plan to throw is beyond me.

I think the 9.5 is the wrong rating but it doesn't really matter because he described in detail all wear on the disc, so why are we busting his balls?

I'm still waiting to see Bennet's mystical white FR ion. Pretty sure he's confused.

Really hope he's not, i love being wrong about stuff that's awesome.

In regards to the rating of 9.5, this is the Sleepy Scale, as written in the Marketplace Guidelines thread:

Disc Condition Scale aka "The Sleepy Scale"
10 - Never thrown, no ink, brand new condition
9 - Field tested or used for one or two rounds
8 - Lightly used with very minimal wear
7 - Used with some minor dings or scuffs but still in good shape
6 - Typical used disc with the usual dings, scratches but still worthy
5 - Kinda beat, significant wear, has lost a good bit of it's stability
4 - Beat up turnover disc with some evident war story wear
3 or under - Beat to Hades dog chew toy

The Sleepy Scale rate the condition of the disc, not it's value as a collectible. Nowhere except for 10/10 is there any reference to ink altering the rating. I rated this at a 9.5, and I stand behind it. Even if it were restricted to whole numbers only (which is understandable), I would still maintain that this disc is a 9. It has been field tested, and probably hasn't even seen a single round of on-course use.

And as far as the flash being removed, I openly stated that. Many discs have the flashing removed prior to sale, similar to how the sprue is cut off. It may have came out of the mold that way, but it was not part of the disc's original design. The way the disc is now, it still has the bead entirely intact, it is just smooth to the touch, the way a current production run Ion is. It is even in the PDGA rules that you may smooth excess flash on a new disc. I do not consider it damage/alteration to the disc.

I want to ensure that the buyer is completely aware of what they are getting, especially when a disc is being sold for such a significant amount of money. So in the interest of full disclosure, I have taken additional photos of the scuffs and markings that I have already described.

The scuff where the ink is on the underside of the flight plate. It can only be seen in the glare of a light, and can not be felt to the touch -
0321141707a.jpg

Very minor scuff -
0321141705.jpg

Another very minor scuff -
0321141706.jpg

Please take these new photos into account when bidding. And if anyone feels that I have misrepresented the disc in any way, I understand completely if you feel the need to retract your previous bid. Please post accordingly if you wish to do so.

Thank you.

Also, as a technicality, if there is flashing, then the people pulling the plastic out of the mold haven't completely done their job right. With all molded plastics, there is flashing at the seam and part of the production process is to cut off the excess flashing. I'm no expert on the FR Ions, but it could be that for once, somebody actually did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts