• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First-time critique - be merciless!

goalkeeper19

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, this is my first post, and first critique.

I max out at about 400', and can do 350-375' golf D. My accuracy has gotten tremendously worse in the last year or so, and my PDGA scoring has suffered (935 to 912). I used to practice a lot more back then, but then I bought a condo near Chicago, got married, got laid off, and got a new job. I try to get out and practice as much as I can, but I have to mainly stick to putting practice and some 200' upshot/putter practice.

My wife took these videos during a practice round in Lombard, IL. I'm no expert like a bunch of people around here, but here's what I notice:

-dropped elbow just before release
-low hyzer release
-arm comes up too high on the reach-back, so the pull-through isn't level

What else can you suggest?

Thanks much!

Mark

videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9cNtFLE58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymDw6H5PXvc

Happy First Post!!!!

now for your new butthole:

you are a liar.....you arm speed and throwing motion indicate you are maxing out at 250 feet......you are not the only one on here to claim something to be longer than it really is.....you are just the only one i'm calling out.....one of the things that makes you think you are throwing farther than you are is that you wear corrective lenses....i do too....and my depth perception sucks....also what you need to do in order to really understand distance is get a 100' tape measure and go to an open field and actually measure and mark off 300 feet with 50 or 100 foot intervals.....it puts it all in perspective

now to your form....you are swooping down with your arm like you are at the beach playing catch......you are not accellerating and from the looks of the first vid you are throwing nose up.....nose up =! 375ft

do you know about hyzer/anhyzer release angles or shot telegraphing angles?.....have you read the non-forum portion of this site?.....a lot of good informations there......and for the forum side your new search term is masterbeato

oh and you should probably do some push-ups and pull-ups......you have flabby looking arms

much love

kel

p.s. you said to be merciless

Doesn't look too bad.

Low hyzer release. Your aim is fairly high though because the disc flew pretty high. I'm a fan of the hyzer throw since throwing exactly level is such a crap shoot.

I don't know that you need to sweat the high to low stroke as long as it's not hurting you physically or harming your throw. Doesn't look like it is now.

It appears that you're pulling from the reach back, so you could wait longer to pull.

Doesn't seem like you have much lower body in the throw, but you do keep your back foot down through the hit which I believe to be positive. Don't know if you've got any wrist extension going either - just can't see it.

I'll leave it to Brad to apply his latest theory to your form. I think what you're doing should fit into it well as you're coming in close at the right pec.

Edit: Few more frame freezing and it looks like that hyzer comes out really low, so it's your disc rising. That's a good thing as far as I know.

You know how to heel pivot. This is great.

You gotta keep your pull closer to your body. You go from close to really far away back to close, you're losing a lot of power you could be putting into the throw.

Use some less stable discs.

oh yeah i forgot to tell you to disc down too :lol:

seriously though....only throw mids and putters off the tee while you are adjusting your form.....if you short them then you work on your upshots too :wink:

Latest posts