• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First time TD needs opinions..

1) What food do you like for onsite lunches? Pulled Pork BBQ, Pizza, onsite grilled hamburgers/hotdogs?

onsite cooking will be most economical and likely best received as well. make sure you have a vegan option. big thumbs down to pizza- love it to death but it's too greasy and not good fuel for more dg.

2) Whats the best thing you can think of to add to a players pack when you only have a few bucks left a player?

hand warmers or hot sauce

3) We have 36 at Burns Park, but likely will be locked down to the 18 on Red due to a conflicting event in the park. 2 Rounds on the same course, what do you like.. A)Same exact setup both rounds, B)Change pin positions on the 4-5 holes available. C) All out change up, temp tee areas, move baskets, bring in temp baskets, change flow of course..

days are short in december- make it easy on everyone involved and play the same layout twice.

4) We need to entertain folks for a good 20 minutes after final cards are in, what do you like to do.. Ring of Fire, Special CTPs, what is the best?

imo they are capable of entertaining themselves for that long but if you have the staff i'd go with a 50/50 ctp- half to the winner, half to the club or charity

imo they are capable of entertaining themselves for that long but if you have the staff i'd go with a 50/50 ctp- half to the winner, half to the club or charity

Pizza is to heavy. So are pork ribs and biscuits and gravy.:| That would be pretty funny actually. "At my tournaments I serve nothing but biscuits and gravy."

Last edited:
Update on the NLR2010

First off, happy thanksgiving..

Been thinking a lot about this tournament and with local player feedback and DCGR feedback have been able to make some more decisions. So here is my original post, and and update in red

1) What food do you like for onsite lunches? Pulled Pork BBQ, Pizza, onsite grilled hamburgers/hotdogs?

We are planning on Freezing cold weather.. I got a huge trailer setup grill and gonna do burgers/brats/dogs/chips/softdrinks
2) Whats the best thing you can think of to add to a players pack when you only have a few bucks left a player?

Added Hothands warmer packs, granola bars, and best of all custom stamped Zing Minis
3) We have 36 at Burns Park, but likely will be locked down to the 18 on Red due to a conflicting event in the park. 2 Rounds on the same course, what do you like.. A)Same exact setup both rounds, B)Change pin positions on the 4-5 holes available. C) All out change up, temp tee areas, move baskets, bring in temp baskets, change flow of course..

We got locked down to the 18 on red because of a much larger conflicting walk/running/race event. The plan now is to have 14 temp tees on existing baskets in the morning and a round of 18 on the traditional red setup after lunch. Took the day off from work yesterday and laid out 14 temp teepads with a white diamond stencil, look for white landscape flags. We did 14 because of daylight concerns..

4) We need to entertain folks for a good 20 minutes after final cards are in, what do you like to do.. Ring of Fire, Special CTPs, what is the best?

Gonna let them entertain themselves.. Possibly throwing off for ace pots.
5) Take a look at our particular tournament, What are we missing, how can we make this event or future events better?

Still an open question..

Bump up that pro payout by eliminating the players packs for pros. There's nothing pros like better than playing for more(of their opponents) money.

i agree with this, and also, to address question #2, why not throw a packet of hot hands in the players packs?

bleh, that's what i get for not reading the whole thread. ^^

erm, how bout an energy bar or something of the sorts?

How about one of those cool pictures where you rub the girl and her clothes come off? Even my wife loves those.

154148_181025231911858_167295286618186_693863_7035049_n.jpg

156330_180499125297802_167295286618186_690521_4379516_n.jpg

Latest posts