• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Tournament this weekend! What do I need?

$250 dg bag resting nicely in a $150 baby stroller with 19 drivers and 1 putter in it, sleeveless t shirt and jorts. Just kidding. Towels, good pair of socks and shoes, stool, sunscreen and water. Have fun!

$250 dg bag resting nicely in a $150 baby stroller with 19 drivers and 1 putter in it, sleeveless t shirt and jorts. Just kidding. Towels, good pair of socks and shoes, stool, sunscreen and water. Have fun!

Change $250 dg bag to Walmart Backpack and $150 baby stroller to $15 umbrella stroller and I've seen it too many times...

pack a lunch. Bring two pairs of shoes and socks. I usually like to change shirts in between rounds as well. Too much water is better than not enuf. have fun and play your game.

A sense of humor and the ability to laugh at yourself.

This!

Make sure you enjoy yourself, learn as you go. As much as you can, play relaxed and don't sweat the small stuff. The pace will be slower than your usual casual round, so bring patience.

Like others have said: plenty of fluids, change of socks, shoes if you've got 'em, a shirt if you sweat like me, and something to keep your energy up for the day.

Water, change of socks/shirt/underwear, something to snack on, stool, towel, back up discs if you have them, a Sharpie to mark discs you get in the players pack if you intend to throw them during the round, and a mini to mark your lie.

I also carry my Golden Retriever in case there is water on the course. So much easier than going swimming/wading.

Have fun and good luck!

Everything you like to carry when you play a normal round........extra water, snacks/ food, no new discs you don't know, a marker and extra attention to etiquette and rules of the game.

Attend and pay attention at the player's meeting. You'll be surprised how many stupid questions you'll be able to answer during the round :|

A utilikilt. I'm sold on them after seeing a few people wear them last weekend, including Tim, the owner of Fade Gear.