• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] FL or Boatman into the wind?

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I'm looking to complete a bag for a friend who throws only understable fairway drivers like XL and River. Playing on courses which are often windy, and having watched the previous either turn and burn (XL), or hover and fall flat (River), I have a brand new FL (Star) and a Boatman (VIP) I've acquired that I'm willing to give up. Which would be the better complement to an intermediate, casual chucker?

I'm looking to complete a bag for a friend who throws only understable fairway drivers like XL and River. Playing on courses which are often windy, and having watched the previous either turn and burn (XL), or hover and fall flat (River), I have a brand new FL (Star) and a Boatman (VIP) I've acquired that I'm willing to give up. Which would be the better complement to an intermediate, casual chucker?
I would say FL
but I would like to know what are the weights of the two discs?
and how far does he throw when the wind isnt blowing?

I would say FL
but I would like to know what are the weights of the two discs?
and how far does he throw when the wind isnt blowing?

173 Boatman
171 FL

He throws a River about 300 at his best.

Boatman is a sweet discs but I would probably agree on the FL, boatman is going to be tad more over stable, FL rim is a tad lighter and rim is a bit smaller if I'm not mistaken

I hated the Star FL that I had, it was a flippy POS, it flew like a retarded TeeBird. I'd say Boatman if you're looking for a newbish headwind driver. A Star TeeBird might be another good choice.

boatman sucks in to the wind... flippy as hell. but i don't throw them 300.

Latest posts