• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

knivvves' ITB

knivvves

Bogey Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1 year, about 80 rounds, a majority of them being 9 hole rounds though
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: predominantly RHBH, can RHFH when needed and starting to use it more often
Golf Distance (avg/max*): 280', 300'+. Gaining some distance lately so unsure exactly

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: bad knees and I'm uncoordinated
Other sport proficiencies?: no but i'm not out of shape
Additional Information: The 2 charts I'm linking are my current bag and all the discs I own. I used Marshall Street's guide as a base and adjusted some based off of how they fly for me.
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I feel like I have about all of my shots covered, I'm pretty happy with my bag. I dislike that I don't have a good excuse to buy more discs. Having the FD, River, and Leopard all in my bag is probably overkill - 1 of those should probably go (not the FD).
Specific areas of desired feedback: I'm gaining distance lately so possibly looking for something faster than a speed 9. Also just looking for any constructive criticism. Am I on the right track? Do I have way too many molds? Do you have a favorite disc that I should try instead of something I have?
Immediate and long-term goals: Keep gaining distance and consistency, cut down on the wild throws, learn and incorporate more shot types. Would like to enter tournaments next year.

Bag: Grip BX2

Distance Drivers:
168g Westside VIP Ahti - extremely overstable shots, spike hyzers, basically never used but some day I might need it
165g Innova GStar Thunderbird - very overstable shots and heavy winds
165g Innova Star Valkyrie - straight shots, main distance driver
175g Innova Champion Sidewinder - understable distance

Fairways:
167g Innova Star Teebird - slightly overstable shots
169g Innova DX Teebird - straight shots when I want to finish left
167g Discmania C-Line FD - dead straight shots, becoming my main fairway
172g Lat 64 Gold Line River - understable fairway with more glide, a little flippier
175g Innova Champion Leopard - understable fairway

Mids:
171g Discraft ESP Buzzz - main mid, use this for most of my approaches instead of a throwing putter
171g Discraft Z Comet - annys, woods, hyzer flips
174g Discraft ESP Archer - similar shots to the Comet but when I need something a little longer or more understable, + rollers

Putters:
174g Gateway SS Wizard - putting putter, got a stack of these for putting practice
170g Discraft Jawbreaker Zone - approaches, forehands, overstable putter/mid shots

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Your bag is pretty sound. Leopard/fd/teebird is a great lineup. You're set on distance drivers too. All of those are great for the 350-400 distance and you shouldn't have to add to that. If you are feeling super frisky a mid 160s pro wraith could be fun.

All in all keep working with that. Start driving your wizards or find a driving putter you like. Envy is a great mold. You'll progress with form throwing more putters and mids except your nose angles.

Latest posts