• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flight Analyzer

<--- Also irritated at living in a right-handed world, and, not impressed with having to manually fix the programmers shortcomings with the copy/paste stuff.

I'm boggled how could someone make something like this and just completely ignore the fact that it's for right-handers only. 10%-30% of the world's population is a lot of people.

thanks for the link fun tool to play with..will definitely help me see if i got a gap or over lap

also whats there fb page they need more mvp on there

So all this really does is take the flight numbers and make a line based off those flight numbers? Where do those flight numbers even come from? Those aren't Discraft's flight numbers.

Sorry to be a naysayer, but all this does is graphically show these flight numbers, which as we all know are pretty arbitrary to begin with.

<--- Also irritated at living in a right-handed world, and, not impressed with having to manually fix the programmers shortcomings with the copy/paste stuff.

I'm boggled how could someone make something like this and just completely ignore the fact that it's for right-handers only. 10%-30% of the world's population is a lot of people.

I hate this entitled attitude. I see it with courses all the time. Someone puts time and effort into a course or a tool (one that has only been up for 3 months and is still a work in progress, BTW), and people get irritated about the "shortcomings" and are not impressed with the volunteer efforts.

Instead of saying "not impressed with..." you should say something like "I really appreciate whoever put this tool or course together taking time out of their life to do so, and I love [insert 2 or 3 things]. Just an idea to make this awesome thing you have done even awesomer: [insert suggestion]"

Sorry if I came off strong. I am just in the process of putting in a course, and of growing a thick skin- just spent an entire round hearing about how bad a job I am doing. May have taken out my annoyance here.

That's very cool! I put in the 3 discs I use most and not surprisingly they all have similar flights at different lengths. It's neat to be able to see that like this. I did notice some discs missing, maybe it's still a work in progress, there are only 2 of the 4 gateway putters listed for instance.

I also had the same result, hardly a surprise haha

Time to change your Tampon:doh:

Great tool thanks this helps so much, also like another poster said if u really cant figure out the difference for a lefty player by yourself..... You must be really DUMB!

I am not that impressed with the app, due to not knowing how accurate the rating are. I did look at their website and was really impressed on their course layout maps. If I lived in Cal. I would be using their maps.

Time to change your Tampon:doh:

Great tool thanks this helps so much, also like another poster said if u really cant figure out the difference for a lefty player by yourself..... You must be really DUMB!

Of course it's not difficult to figure out the difference. It's TEDIOUS; just like a public computer mouse with a cord that only reaches to the right of the keyboard is tedious and not difficult.

Here's how difficult the code could have been to implement:

If (leftyCheckBox = true) Then
. . . newX = -x;
End If

The work that went forth to create this program, as it currently is, was WAAAAAAAY more complicated than what it would take to make it universally usable by using a snippet of code like this.

There's nothing elitist or entitled with feeling excluded when a general-user application doesn't include a huge portion of the population.

Additionally, I don't feel wrong for taking a shot at a volunteer effort.

Consider another scenario:

Cans of Coke cost $1 at the stores. Some guy sets up a Coke stand giving away cans of Coke for free to all white people. Black people can get Coke free too, but they have to do 20 pushups first per can.

Since the Coke is free, should the blacks have no reason to complain?

Cans of Coke cost $1 at the stores. Some guy sets up a Coke stand giving away cans of Coke for free to all white people. Black people can get Coke free too, but they have to do 20 pushups first per can.

images

Wow! Overreact much? I'm guessing you think it's discriminatory that the gas pedal of your car is over on the right side, too.

Of course it's not difficult to figure out the difference. It's TEDIOUS; just like a public computer mouse with a cord that only reaches to the right of the keyboard is tedious and not difficult.

Here's how difficult the code could have been to implement:

If (leftyCheckBox = true) Then
. . . newX = -x;
End If

The work that went forth to create this program, as it currently is, was WAAAAAAAY more complicated than what it would take to make it universally usable by using a snippet of code like this.

There's nothing elitist or entitled with feeling excluded when a general-user application doesn't include a huge portion of the population.

:wall:
28jbs48.jpg

I bet I can throw farther than you guys....No really.....I'm being serious, I'm not under the influence of anything....Do you really need this app.? I mean, c'mon...it's getting to the point where I'm honestly questioning whether or not you guys ACTUALLY play this game...

I like it but not sure how accurate it is. Such as a surge is listed as a 10 speed but if you go HERE it is listed as an 11 speed. Minor difference I guess similar to it being righthanded or left handed. :popcorn:

Very cool, but if this thing is right all of my discs are broken. Heading out to find some that fly like they should.
^^^^THIS^^^^^