• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Florida Courses?

Magshad

Bogey Member
I live in West Palm Beach, there are a few courses around here but I have not really travled around the state to check out other courses, I started playing in Charlotte NC years ago and the courses are alot diff. up there (very flat and windy down here) just wondering what courses in Florida people feel are the best to play... maybe as far north as Orlando down to Tampa & as far south as Miami? Thanx for the input.

I like North Water Tower Park. It's not in the ghetto, but definitely not in the best places. It is a great wooded course.

You'll get more responses from the locals soon. I'm a transplant as well. North Watertower is my home course for most purposes, though I live closer to Lakeview Park. They're both nice for this area. North Port has a pretty good course as well. I haven't made it up to Cliff Stephens, but it's on my list.

I recommend using the course review feature on here, it's pretty much tailor made for this kind of request, though I agree that sometimes it's easier and/or more interesting to have people give comparative recommendations.

I guess what I'm saying is good question; I will be reading with interest.

When in Orlando, Turkey Lake is definitely the premier course. They have 2 onsite and well worth the park entry fee!!
In the Tampa Bay area, there are so many courses that you can't do them all in one day. Cliff, Coachman, Taylor, and Maximo (Tocobaga) are the courses to fly at. Watertower in Sarasota on your way back south and the course in Pt Charlotte couples nicely. Let me know if you're in the area and I'll fly a round or 2 with ya'...Enjoy!!

Edward Medard. Its on the east side of Tampa, and my favorite course that I've played in Florida so far. Several other good courses in the Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area. Watertower and Lakeview are solid courses in Sarasota, North Port Charlotte is my home course, and much improved since the redesign. North Ft Myers is the best course in that area, that I have played, but I'm hearing good things about Estero.

If you decide to head over my way, and need a guide, or people to throw with lmk.

Panhandle has the Blue Angel courses. Heard some great things about them.

the course in gainesville is fun esp w/all the new renovations(northside park). the local club there is called the chainhawks they have a facebook page and they are very active.and at the end of the day you're in a college town so after rounds are always good!

Grew up in Miami, lived in Ft Laud and Boynton Beach... still visit every couple of years, so I'm pretty familiar with Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Sadly SoFla doesn't really seem to have much in the way of quality courses :( ...Okeeheelee and Tradewinds were the best I saw (good, but not great), with Easterlin being OK.

Last edited:
I was born 'n raised in West Palm Beach but I've lived in Orlando since I was 18.

Dan & Rich have a great club going on down there at Okeeheelee Park, so hopefully you've been enjoying that course as your home course.. I know I would! They run club dubs on saturday mornings if you haven't joined up with them yet. When down there visiting my folks I try to get over there and join them on Saturdays.

Further south you have Tradewinds in Coconut Creek / Pompano. Great course! I haven't played any courses further south than Tradewinds but I will be playing the Indian Hammocks Open this year in May.. Looking forward to that.

On the west coast, North Charlotte Regional is definitely worth a stop.. Great course, particularly with the redesign. The front 9 can be a little rough, but the back 9 is practically an entirely different course and you get plenty of birdie opportunities to make up for all the bogeys from the front 9.

Further up the west coast, North Watertower in Sarasota is a cool wooded course worth a stop.

In St. Pete, tocobaga @ Maximo park is a must play.. So is Taylor Park in Largo, Coachman & Cliff Stephens in Clearwater. Even Youth Park is pretty cool. Lots of great options in the bay area.

Heading from Tampa to Orlando you have Ed Medard Park.. I haven't played it yet but I've heard my fellow Orlando locals saying good things about it so it's on my wishlist.

In Orlando we have Turkey Lake & Barnett park, both of which are top notch. They both have 2 courses onsite so plenty of disc golf within' 15 minutes of each location. Both well worth the trip.

Slightly north of Orlando you have DeBary River City Nature Park. It's a 9 hole course on a gorgeous piece of land that is well suited for disc golf. We play short pads for front 9 and back pads for back 9. I am involved in the club that is forming there and we are planning our approach with the city to get a full 18 finished there ASAP. We are averaging 16 - 20 peeps for dubs every Monday and the course can get very crowded these days. Excellent for beginners as well.

Wickham Park in Melbourne is cool. Also F. Burton Smith in Cocoa off 520 is a cool course that I feel is a little underrated. I love the course and it's kept pretty nice these days. Also it has 21 holes some of which take you back into some real wilderness unlike that of the more manicured parks.

If you ever make it up to Pensacola, we've got 126 holes in a 30 minute radius...the best 54 are at Blue Angel Park (the Pamettos, the Palms, the Pines).
I know it's nowhere near you, but to all you FL naysayers, we have some solid courses here

If you ever make it up to Pensacola, we've got 126 holes in a 30 minute radius...the best 54 are at Blue Angel Park (the Pamettos, the Palms, the Pines).
I know it's nowhere near you, but to all you FL naysayers, we have some solid courses here
Too bad there are so few decent courses near the most populous area.

john, hope you can check out magnolia on your next visit.

it's on my list for sure. if we drive down i could probably hit it on the way down or back. if we fly it's a little out of my range for a day trip. my inlaws are in brooksville... sadly they didn't move there until the canyon was just a memory.

ocala greenway is better than the clearwater courses and is the best i've played in florida.

I live in the clearwater area and I have to agree with this. It's about 2 1/2 hrs away but it is by far my favorite course, Taylor Park, and Cliff are my top 3.

You guys need to play Edward Medard.

Latest posts