• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flush ITB

Flush

Wanted to make this thread to keep track of the development of my bag, and also would be happy for suggestions/feedback.

Vitals:
Years playing: DG 4 months - no prior frisbee experience
Right/left: Right handed
Throwing style: RHBH, RHFH
Distance: I max out around 260 with my fairways on golf shots/round play, a bit shorter with mids and putters.

Additional info: Currently working alot on form and consistency. My biggest problem right now is OAT on my backhands resulting in alot of turn and burn, especially with my throwing putters.

Regardless of my current low level of playing I compete in the local winter leagues, and plan to attend a few local events next year for fun and learning. So the bag is built for that purpose, and these discs are not necessarily the only discs I do fieldwork with.

Bag:

Drivers:
168 Star Destroyer Wysocki, new - Only use this for a specific tomahawk hole at the moment.
175 Sexton Firebird, new - Utility, out of trouble, skip shots. Rarely drive with this one as it's too fast for me.
D-Plastic Guru Sleipner, beat - Understable speed 10 driver in base plastic. This is my turnover bh disc, or long flex tailwind shots.
175 Star Teebird Avery Jenkins, new - Trusty straight driver which always fades. Probably my most used fairway right now both FH and BH. Especially with my OAT-problems, I can still trust this one.
171 C-Line FD, new - I got this one to try alongside my leopard3. Turned out to be a bit more stable and have a bit more left finish at the end. I use this for straight-ish shots where i don't want the teebird finish. On days where I OAT-turn my leopard alot this gets used in the leopards place.
175 G-Star Leopard3, used but not beat - Straight flex shots with a very small fade at the end, almost none. After I started struggling with OAT I don't trust this one as much, but I still use it where I need to, for example where I really don't want the fade from FD or Teebird.

Mid-Ranges:
178 Lucid EMAC Truth - The only mid I bag right now. Used for longer upshots, mostly bh but some fh as well. I really like the feeling of this disc, and would like one in cheaper plastic that I can beat in a bit faster.

Putters:
BT Hard Harp - BH overstable approaches. I really like this disc for bh throws.
Pro D Zone - FH overstable approaches. I like this better FH than my Harp, so for now I am bagging both.
175 S-Line P2 Sky God, used but not beat - My main throwing putter and my main fieldwork form disc as well. I use this for dead straight shots in the woods and alot of my upshots. Struggling a bit with it these days, with my form issues, but when I throw it correct it flies beautifully straight and lands very soft.
175 D-Line P2, used but not beat - I bag two of these for putting only. I have one that I am working in to be a understable turnover throwing putter, but haven't gotten there yet (I don't thow anny lines very good yet either)

Discs I am considering bagging:
170 Star Roadrunner, new - As the Sleipner was my go to far-thrower before it got too flippy, I am considering putting this in that slot. I am going to try some of my buddy's somewhat beat in speed 9's with some turn this weekend, specifically DD Escape and Getaway to see if they would fit better. My Roadrunner honestly needs some beating in, it's actually a bit more stable than I thought. But on days where I do throw it correctly on the field it gives me a long beautiful flex line, so it's not very far from going in.

A new mako3 - This was one of the first 3 discs I bought back in september when I started playing, and I really loved that disc. Unfortunately I lost it. I later bought a star mako3 for my girlfriend, and since I can't bag that one, I will probably buy a new champ one soon.

Harp in different plastic - I am not 100% sure that BT Hard is the plastic I like the most. I need to try some other plastics before I decide.

Zone in different plastic - This one I am quite sure I want to change/add. As the Pro D beats in (quite fast) I guess it will develop some turn and lose some fade. So as soon as I know if I like Z or Z FLX more, I will buy one.

So.. That's it for now. As I said, suggestions and feedback are very welcome. I am eager to try different molds and fill the holes as I see them coming.

2 discs added to the bag during the holidays marked with bold text

Drivers:
168 Star Destroyer Wysocki, new - Only use this for a specific tomahawk hole at the moment.
175 Sexton Firebird, new - Utility, out of trouble, skip shots. Rarely drive with this one as it's too fast for me.
D-Plastic Guru Sleipner, beat - Understable speed 10 driver in base plastic. This is my turnover bh disc, or long flex tailwind shots.
Fuzion Escape, slightly beat - My new go to distance disc. I get very nice flex shots with this one. Somewhat sensitive to wind, but a great disc.
175 Star Teebird Avery Jenkins, new - Trusty straight driver which always fades. Probably my most used fairway right now both FH and BH. Especially with my OAT-problems, I can still trust this one.
171 C-Line FD, new - I got this one to try alongside my leopard3. Turned out to be a bit more stable and have a bit more left finish at the end. I use this for straight-ish shots where i don't want the teebird finish. On days where I OAT-turn my leopard alot this gets used in the leopards place.
175 G-Star Leopard3, used but not beat - Straight flex shots with a very small fade at the end, almost none. After I started struggling with OAT I don't trust this one as much, but I still use it where I need to, for example where I really don't want the fade from FD or Teebird.

Mid-Ranges:
178 Lucid EMAC Truth, new - The only mid I bag right now. Used for longer upshots, mostly bh but some fh as well. I really like the feeling of this disc, and would like one in cheaper plastic that I can beat in a bit faster.
180 Champion Atlas, new - I'm trying out this one as it flies very straight for me when thrown correctly. Last time I took it out of my bag because I didn't like the feeling of the disc in the hand. So wanted to see how it works out this time.

Putters:
BT Hard Harp, used not beat - BH overstable approaches. I really like this disc for bh throws.
Pro D Zone, used slightly beat - FH overstable approaches. I like this better FH than my Harp, so for now I am bagging both.
175 S-Line P2 Sky God, used but not beat - My main throwing putter and my main fieldwork form disc as well. I use this for dead straight shots in the woods and alot of my upshots. Struggling a bit with it these days, with my form issues, but when I throw it correct it flies beautifully straight and lands very soft.
175 D-Line P2, used but not beat - I bag two of these for putting only. I have one that I am working in to be a understable turnover throwing putter, but haven't gotten there yet (I don't thow anny lines very good yet either)

I startet out a (for me) very good round this weekend in the local league, but trashed it with some double bogeys and instead matched my personal best at the course. During warm up i practiced a bit with the roadrunner, and decided to add it to the bag mostly for practicing but also as kind of a back up to the Escape. The roadrunner turns further to the right, and does not fade quite like the escape, but it basically does the same job.

Drivers:
Fuzion Escape, slightly beat - My new go to distance disc. I get very nice flex shots with this one. Somewhat sensitive to wind, but a great disc.
170 Star Roadrunner, new - Escape back up. Larger movement to the right than the escape, and a bit less fade.

Mid-Ranges:
178 Lucid EMAC Truth, new - The only mid I bag right now. Used for longer upshots, mostly bh but some fh as well. I really like the feeling of this disc, and would like one in cheaper plastic that I can beat in a bit faster.
180 Champion Atlas, new - I'm trying out this one as it flies very straight for me when thrown correctly. Last time I took it out of my bag because I didn't like the feeling of the disc in the hand. So wanted to see how it works out this time.

Putters:
BT Hard Harp, used not beat - BH overstable approaches. I really like this disc for bh throws.
Pro D Zone, used slightly beat - FH overstable approaches. I like this better FH than my Harp, so for now I am bagging both.

I would recommend you take some of the putters out. Put a couple in, play the round and see if you really missed the ones you took out. This will give you a good idea if what discs you mess well with.

I'd also recommend working on the hyzer flip with the leo and roadrunner. This will help take away the OAT more often.

I think your putter lineup is good. I, personally, wouldn't bag the Harp and Zone together. If you're more comfortable forehanding then Zone then maybe just use it for backhand too and call it a day.

I think your putter lineup is good. I, personally, wouldn't bag the Harp and Zone together. If you're more comfortable forehanding then Zone then maybe just use it for backhand too and call it a day.

I would recommend you take some of the putters out. Put a couple in, play the round and see if you really missed the ones you took out. This will give you a good idea if what discs you mess well with.

I'd also recommend working on the hyzer flip with the leo and roadrunner. This will help take away the OAT more often.

Thank you both for the tips! You are both talking about the harp/zone I think? At least that's the "issue" I think about alot.

This is for sure on my to-do list. I have played rounds with just one or the other, and both discs work alone for sure. But after those rounds I have really been happy to put the other one back in the bag. Backhanding the Zone really feels like a compromise, it's too shallow for my hands. And forehanding the beaded Harp gives the same feeling, it works but I don't really like it compared to the Zone.

But I am working on both in my field practice sessions, and hopefully I'll settle on one of them at last. If not, there's plenty of space in the bag.

Hyzer flips are definately also one of the things I am working on, and it's coming along slowly but surely. I have days where I feel I can trust my leo and the sky god, and days where I'm just scared of throwing them. So for sure need to work on being consistent.

Anyways, thanks again guys, appreciate you taking your time.

Thank you both for the tips! You are both talking about the harp/zone I think? At least that's the "issue" I think about alot.

This is for sure on my to-do list. I have played rounds with just one or the other, and both discs work alone for sure. But after those rounds I have really been happy to put the other one back in the bag. Backhanding the Zone really feels like a compromise, it's too shallow for my hands. And forehanding the beaded Harp gives the same feeling, it works but I don't really like it compared to the Zone.

But I am working on both in my field practice sessions, and hopefully I'll settle on one of them at last. If not, there's plenty of space in the bag.

Hyzer flips are definately also one of the things I am working on, and it's coming along slowly but surely. I have days where I feel I can trust my leo and the sky god, and days where I'm just scared of throwing them. So for sure need to work on being consistent.

Anyways, thanks again guys, appreciate you taking your time.

I honestly started out just learning to throw a clean hyzer with mids and teebird type disc. will set you up to then transition over to the flip. And I should clarify, when I say hyzer it is the lower line hyzers, not a higher hyzer. I think of trying to hyzer around a 10' tall bush, not a 40' tall tree.

I honestly started out just learning to throw a clean hyzer with mids and teebird type disc. will set you up to then transition over to the flip. And I should clarify, when I say hyzer it is the lower line hyzers, not a higher hyzer. I think of trying to hyzer around a 10' tall bush, not a 40' tall tree.

Thanks. That's a great tip, I will practice that shot alot more with that in mind!

Okay, so inspired by this post I went out field practicing this evenig. Spent the first part dialing in my form, making sure I wasn't rounding too bad and kind of settling in.

Then I started throwing hyzershots with my overstable discs, dialing them in quite nice (for me at least)

And with this angle fresh in mind, I started hyzerflipping my understable discs really well (again, for me at least) This worked really good, and it's probably the first time I have felt like I could control these types of shots, and not just be lucky about it.

So thanks again for the tips and the "push" to get out tonight :) Probably one of my best field sessions in quite some time.

I also worked a bit on turnover shots with the leopard, the Guru driver, the Sky God and regular D-P2. So far the D-P2 is the worst disc for this shot, the rest was great (or will be). But I couldn't get them very far, and I struggle controlling the angle and speed. Mostly it's too much turnover almost cutroll, or it's not enough and the disc stabilises and fades left. But this shot obviously needs alot more work.

My S-line P2 is one of my favorite turnover discs. Lacking a reliable forehand shot I lean heavily on my P2 for shorter turnovers.

My S-line P2 is one of my favorite turnover discs. Lacking a reliable forehand shot I lean heavily on my P2 for shorter turnovers.

Yeah, from what I saw today I can believe that for sure. It just held the turnover line beatifully when I executed the shot in a somewhat correct way. This is for sure a shot I want to be able to manage on some shorter holes I play frequently where my FH is not reliable enough at all.

So, the hyzerflip game has really been going well lately. I now rely _heavily_ on my leopard3 for hyzerflip to dead straight shots and it's working very well. It has saved me alot of strokes in the weekly leagues and casual rounds lately.
Also my OAT problems are almost gone now, and I am now playing mostly speed 9 control drivers for distance from the tee, and as I said, the leopard3 for straight shots.

I did a putter only vs full bag round last week to work on my form and really getting my putter drives back as they were really bad.. And that round I set a personal best at my local course with both the putter (Sky God2) and the full bag. Both came in at +10.

My distance have increased slightly too, not measured any throws in udisc yet, but I can see it on the course so I am stoked about that.

I have started to try to learn rollers, and use my very beat D-Plastic Guru Sleipner for that task. Not quite dialed in yet, but I have had some good ones.

Also testing alot of different speed 9 control drivers and some speed 6/7 fairways at the moment, some new molds some old. Mostly for testing other discs, but also to start beating in some discs when my other discs get to flippy. And - the joy of having many discs on fieldwork sessions is great.

My bag right now looks like this (some discs are in the bag for testing, but I am using them in league rounds) New discs in bold text.

Drivers:
168 Star Destroyer Wysocki, slightly beat - Only use this for a specific tomahawk hole at the moment.
175 Sexton Firebird, new - Utility, out of trouble, skip shots. Rarely drive with this one as it's too fast and overstable for me.
D-Plastic Guru Sleipner, beat - Understable speed 10 driver in base plastic. This is my turnover bh disc, or long flex tailwind shots. Also trying to learn rollers with it.
Gold Burst Saint Pro, new - Trying this one out for windy days Escape and Saint can't handle.
Opto Saint, new - A bit more stable than the Escape, takes calm winds better.
Fuzion Escape, slightly beat - My go to distance disc. I get very nice flex shots with this one. Somewhat sensitive to wind. Great for hyzerflips to straight with a little fade at the end.
Opto Explorer, new - Putting this one in in the place of a fresh teebird. Mostly for testing, but I can trust it on days I struggle with rounding.
175 Star Teebird Avery Jenkins, slightly beat - Trusty straight with easy fade. Starting to beat in, and needs more hyzer angle than before.
175 G-Star Leopard3, used but not beat - Used for any straight shots where I can't reach with putters. Hyzerflips to laser straight with no fade. This has (after some tips in this thread) become a very trusty and good disc for me on wooded holes. It has gotten me some birdies I never have been close to getting before.

Mid-Ranges:

Putters:
Pro D Zone, slightly beat - FH overstable approaches. I like this better FH than my Harp, so for now I am bagging both. Starting to beat in and losing some of it's trusty overstability. Need new one in Z or Z flex.
175 S-Line P2 Sky God 2, used but not beat - My main throwing putter and my main fieldwork form disc as well. I use this for dead straight shots in the woods and alot of my upshots.
175 D-Line P2, used but not beat - I bag two of these for putting only.

Glad to hear the hyzer-flip is coming along. It's always great when you feel like you actually took a step forward. Keep up the good work!

So, been playing some winter leagues and doing alot of fieldwork and putter only training rounds lately.

I was supposed to (and looking forward to) playing my first 3-4 pdga c-tiers these next few weeks, but now of course they are all postponed or canceled. Been playing alot in the wind lately, and I slowly feel like I start to know the discs in my bag alot better, and I feel I'm getting better at selecting shots and discs, and trusting them when I execute the shot somewhat close to how I want.

Some minor changes, and I'm still trying alot of different set ups and discs.
Zone is out for now, as the Pro D plastic beat in too fast, and it does not fly like a Zone anymore. But I will probably get one in premium plastic soon.

I am also considering an understable mid like a westside tursas or something. Mostly for form work, but also for turnovers and hyzerflipstraight. Any suggestions?

If I ware to play a tournament round today, my bag would look like this:

Drivers:
168 Star Destroyer Wysocki, slightly beat - Only use this for a specific tomahawk hole at the moment.
175 Sexton Firebird, new - Utility, out of trouble, trusty overstable bh and fh
D-Plastic Guru Sleipner, beat - Understable speed 10 driver in base plastic. This is my turnover bh disc, or long flex tailwind shots. Also trying to learn rollers with it.
Gold Burst Saint Pro, new - Mostly used on windy days, kind of an in between Firebird and Teebird/Explorer
Opto Saint, new - A bit more stable than the Escape, takes calm winds better.
Fuzion Escape, slightly beat - My most used "driver" at the moment. I get very nice flex shots with this disc. Somewhat sensitive to wind. Great for hyzerflips to straight with a little fade at the end.
Opto Explorer, new - A bit more overstable than my teebird, but teebird goes a bit farther.
175 Star Teebird Avery Jenkins, slightly beat - Trusty straight with easy fade. Starting to beat in, and needs more hyzer angle than before.
175 G-Star Leopard3, used but not beat - Used for any straight shots I can't reach with putters. Hyzerflips to laser straight with no fade. This has (after some tips in this thread) become a very trusty and good disc for me on wooded holes. It has gotten me some birdies I never have been close to getting before.

Mid-Ranges:
177 Lucid-X Verdict Clemons, new - Overstable mid and longer approaches. Haven't used this one much yet, but I absolutely love the feel of it and it will for sure be a good addition to my bag.
178 Lucid EMAC Truth, slightly beat - after being thrown in some trees starting to beat in a bit. Now flies close to straight with a little fade at the end. Need to get to know this disc better, but so far it's a trusty straight mid range used for longer upshots or shorter drives on days my putter shots are a bit off.

Putters:
BT Hard Harp, slightly beat - Approaches and short hyzer drives. Starting to lose some of the characteristic harp flight I feel. I am leaning more towards the new one in tournament plastic. But this one is better at sitting down close to where it hits the ground.
Tournament Harp, new - Overstable approaches, but has some skip on some greens.
175 S-Line P2 Sky God 2, used but not beat - My main throwing putter and my main form disc as well. I am going to try some other throwing putters as well, but most likely I will get one or two new sky gods so I have more discs to practice with. My technique absolutely accelerates fastest when throwing this disc.
175 D-Line P2, used but not beat - I bag two of these for putting only.

Driversand fairways:
168 Star Destroyer Wysocki, "well done" as they say. Still my tomahawk disc.
158 Gold Sapphire, fresh - Work horse driver in calm conditions or tailwind. Rollers in headwind occasionally
173 Opto Pioneer, brand new - My Lucid-X getaway was overstable enough for this slot, but not anymore.
Lucid-X Getaway - Overstable fairway, mostly forehands
Fuzion SE Getaway, slightly beat in - Speed 9 straight stable. Love this one
Fuzion Escape, fresh - Work horse driver when the Sapphire can't handle it.
Fuzion Escape, very beat in - Hyzer flip to turn and no finish work horse. Lovely disc when I can handle it.
K1 Falk, slightly beat - Hyzerflip to straight bit stable finish. Also turnovers that can slightly work out of it.
C-line (glow?) Royal Rage Leo Piironen FD2 - Straight stable, love this disc!

Mids:
Lucid X Clemons Verdict, slightly beat - Not as overstable anymore but still quite overstable. Straight stable midrange shots, mostly FH. Also long approach shots.
Lucid Emac Truth, fresh - Straight mid, almost fairway with it's distance. One disc rounds. Work horse for sure.
K1 Svea, fresh - Hyzerflip to turn or turnovers in the woods. Glides forever.
Opto Fuse, kinda fresh. Turnovers. Kinda fighting with the Svea at the moment.

Approach discs and throwing putters:
Lucid Justice - for them windy overstable wicked shots.
BT Hard Harp, fresh - Have lost alot of good Harps to the deep blue lately, but keep a fresh one always.
James Conrad Electron Firm Envy, fresh - Straight shots. Want to try this in premium plastic.
Opto Pure, well done - Hyzer flip turnovers. Recently got me an ace.

Putting:
1x D-Line p2
1x Classic Deputy (main)
Been putting with P2's since I started playing. Had a period of very bad putting, so switched to Classic Deputy. Working absolutely fantastic. P2's were way to deep for me I realised. And to stable. Going to try the Pure for putting also, as I really enjoy the grip of the Opto.