• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flywood

The latest batch of Flywood/Skulboy wood discs.
Some really incredible new colors too.

9118100259_7ec08650ce_o.jpg

Available in the Skulboy Store if anyone is interested.

Man, I'd heard that Brad (Flywood owner/craftsman) had acquired some sick new laminate for the colored top layer... but I had no idea.

That rusty red streaked Harvest is just beyond awesome.

HOLY MOSES! You're all sold out in less than 2 days.

Last edited:
9141194604_7cde14509a_o.jpg

This is the other dark red one I got, amazing stuff.
The bright orange ones really popped too. Already put in another order with Brad and looking forward to the next batch.

He is having a sale now. Buy 3 and use the coupon code "deal" to get $20 off. I was the first person to use the code.

These discs look super nice but I can't help thinking they're going to splinter or warp from humidity. I was reading the start of this thread for a minute and it sounded like these things are good to go. It's just so curious that someone would make wooden discs.

They look super sick, I must admit.

These discs look super nice but I can't help thinking they're going to splinter or warp from humidity. I was reading the start of this thread for a minute and it sounded like these things are good to go. It's just so curious that someone would make wooden discs.

They look super sick, I must admit.

The same concern has been raised many, many times. I believe that I've put it to rest on pages 13 and 14 of this topic. Dozens of roadways, hundreds of trees and thousands of baskets later - over two years of use - and I have no splinters, chips, splits or warping.
It would be a bad plan to leave them exposed to extreme conditions like 100°+ heat and high humidity for long periods of time and leaving them out in the rain would probably be a bad thing. I just treat them the way I used to treat my skateboards and they're doing great.

I have seen puppet play with these. The first hole I played with him he sunk a 50' put, which isn't unusual, what was was the sound. He showed me the log and I couldn't believe how good of shape they were in after the use he had put them through. Throughout the round he pulled out some impressive rollers and shaped some great lines with the mid.

I was quite impressed, a bit of a novelty yes, but very impressive fliers, and gorgeous works of art.

Thanks for the kind words guys, especially about my throws... I generally suck pretty bad, but I am capable of occasional moments. The woodies are all still in great shape, like Geo says, and what allows me most of the consistency I can get with them is that they never change. It doesn't matter how beat in they get or what the temperature is... they always fly the same as the first time.

I was going to have a new batch for sale and Flywood had sent me a prototype for a new model... but the USPS has managed to "lose" the package on it's way to my house. :mad: I was very excited, but now... who knows?

Since all of my stock of Flywood sold out at the St. Louis Open, I've ordered a new batch.

June2014Batch01_700px_zps99a8f3ee.jpg~original

I've gotta tell you, this is one exceptionally fine batch of woodies. They look great, feel great, smell great and the cut and finish is so very precise. Gorgeous.

Top left to bottom right:

Log (putter) - orange - 180g
Log - purple - 173g
Log - orange - 175g

Harvest (midrange) - red - 171g

Superfly Harvest (fairway) - red - 155g
Superfly Harvest - orange - 168g

Walking Stick (driver) - natural - 177g
Walking Stick - black - 173g

They're $28 a piece.

By the way, that orange Superfly Harvest in the lower left... you can't have that. It's mine now. That's because it is Flywood disc #1000. That's right, that disc is the 1000th disc Flywood has sold.

Disc1000_SuperHarvest01_700px_zps9feace75.jpg~original

Disc1000_SuperHarvest02_700px_zps8074de3e.jpg~original

Oh yeah!

These are sweet, I keep forgetting about them though.
One of our local guys has a walking stick.
I need to see if he will let me throw it.

Just updating to let any St. Louis locals or folks who may be travelling through or in to the area know that I've got another brand new shipment for sale.

4 Logs (putters)
4 Harvest (mid/fairway)
and
3 Walking Sticks (distance driver)

You'll notice there's even two in there which have the new "bottom branding"... and one of them is a stripe top, which I've never seen before.

$28 each.
Comes with free "BooBee Wax" puck.
Patches are $3

mw6NJCR.jpg

Other styles

Are they able to remake any style of discs like the edge and dome of the MVP Amp? So the walking stick is abit more under stable. If so what is the time frame for having a costume disc?

Just updating to let any St. Louis locals or folks who may be travelling through or in to the area know that I've got another brand new shipment for sale.

4 Logs (putters)
4 Harvest (mid/fairway)
and
3 Walking Sticks (distance driver)

You'll notice there's even two in there which have the new "bottom branding"... and one of them is a stripe top, which I've never seen before.

$28 each.
Comes with free "BooBee Wax" puck.
Patches are $3

mw6NJCR.jpg
Love the blood red ones, but man, that striped one is sweet. First time I've seen one of those too.

Flywood make any minis? Might sell well since they would be legal.

Just discovered this thread. Really interesting stuff. Maybe I found a birthday present or two in here!

Latest posts