• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Foot Faults at World by Stokely

Wrong. A tee shot IS different. Go read the rules.

To clarify, I was referring to the steps involved when throwing off the tee, not necessarily the rules. Most people are going to have an idea of their foot placement when they are teeing off. They know where they are going to start and finish (based on the shot required). The same concept (foot placement) is there when throwing behind the lie (beginning and end). In that regard, I find the shots similar and not as difficult to reproduce based on some similarities.

IMO, the first one looked like he was a good 2-3 feet behind his marker. The second throw looked like he was much closer to it as far as being too far away, but I guess he could've missed it to the left or right. The only reason I think this has such a cloud over it is, 1) KC and his long history and 2) from what I hear, KC has made some questionable stroke calls on people before. Don't know that personally, just what ive heard. Along with that he will try and work your mental game when he can.

It is somewhat surprising he put himself in that position. He has been playing so long, I would think his footwork would be down within inches.

I watched the video a few times and paused it on his 2nd shot and his front foot seems clearly planted close behind his mini. Seeing this, I think he got screwed. Can't really tell a thing about the first shot.
attachment.php
Looks clearer paused on full screen You Tube.

That said, his mechanics are "unorthodox," and his follow through make it hard to see if it was a legit stance.
Took me a few reviews to see that it was.

Attachments

• Stokley 2nd shot.jpg
    Stokley 2nd shot.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
yeah, they were pretty clearly ****ty calls. completely bogus. two feet? please. the first one it seemed he could be off the line of play but we don't know where that is. he may have been in the second one too but that's not what was called in the video - they said he was way behind his marker. wrong. it was funny watching that guy brian defend himself on FB. he can say he called it as he saw it, but then that just means he really needs glasses.

How many World Championships has Climo won by calling foot faults that we don't know about since social media wasn't around then?

I've never actually seen anything go past a friendly warning tourney I've played in, can someone explain this rule and how it is called in play? Also, If two players call another player on a violation it makes the violation valid?

I was there, saw all of this go down. He missed his mark by more than the video shows, he was off to either side often. I became an issue and everyone there, spectators and other players that didn't make semis like me all knew it was going to get called for every infraction for that entire card, every single time any player was off by more than an inch...

This is the word of a tireless TD and impartial official^

Also, this whole thread is the reason video isn't allowed for making calls.

There has got to be more to story than meets the eye. Having not been there I hate to pass judgement but that has got to be the most chicken shi# call I have ever seen during a disc golf tournament. I only hope the players and the pdga official who called the foot faults will be willing to defend the calls on either this form or even better a media such as smashboxx. I would hate to lose respect for someone without hearing there side of the story.

Also, If two players call another player on a violation it makes the violation valid?

Warning violations don't even need a second.

Rule 801.1 Application of the Rules

A. These rules have been designed to promote fair play for all disc golfers. In using these rules, players shall apply the rule that most directly addresses the situation at hand. If any point in dispute is not covered by the rules, the decision shall be made in accordance with fairness. Often a logical extension of the closest existing rule or the principles embodied in these rules will provide guidance for determining fairness.

B. Players are expected to call a violation when one has clearly occurred. Calls must be made promptly.

C. If in doubt, players may attempt to consult an official. If none is available, players have the option of proceeding with provisional throws as described in 804.06.

D. A player shall not receive a warning for a rules violation unless the rule specifically provides for a warning. Warnings do not carry over from one round to the next round or to a playoff.

E. A rules violation that results in a warning may be called by any player in the group, or by an official. All players in the group shall be advised of the warning, and it shall be noted on the scorecard.

F. A rules violation that results in one or more penalty throws may be called by any player in the group, or by an official. If called by a player, it must then be seconded by another player in the group.

G. Unless otherwise stated, any determination made by the group as a whole shall be made by a majority of the group, or by an official.

H. A throw or an action that is subject to penalty under more than one rule shall be marked and/or penalized in accordance with the rule that results in the most penalty throws, or, among rules that call for an equal penalty, the rule that was first violated.

To me, if other players on the card have the ability to make or second a call, they should also have the ability to negate one.

BTW, the next auto cued video on YouTube, "The Secret World of Alex Mack Season 4 Episode 6 Foot Fault", was a complete waste of 22 minutes. Don't get suckered in like I did.

You take that back, The Secret World of Alex Mack was an awesome show.

Next time I see Climo or PB I'm gonna see if they will autograph my first run AK47 lol

Scott's foot is within inches of his mini. It's almost impossible to tell in real time, but when i stopped the video at his plant and right before his release it all looks legit. IF he was missing his mark earlier in the tourney, whoever made the calls just figured they would not seem as dastardly during a shot where it's impossible to tell. Unfortunately for those douchebags making bogus calls to screw someone, a valiant lady took video and well, now I'm pissed. I used to think of Climo as The Champ, now I think of him as The Chump. As for PAtrick Brown, he is by far the worst person in disc golf. I form this opinion after watching him play the Fort Steillacoom Open and being unfortunate enough to play in his group during a doubles round.

hmmm..maybe this is the start of something...perhaps a certain someone's walking putt will finally be called? ;) lol...

p.s. Scott got screwed.....royally.

It only takes lying or manipulation one time to ruin your reputation.

HQ Video from a better angle.

https://youtu.be/c-cn5Q1ocmU

Operating on the assumption that it is distance to the mini and not line... maybe the first one, but he was in no way "two feet" away on the second.

The second looked fine to me, and the third looked nearly identical to the second.
To be calling that chicken**** BS in a Worlds is seriously questionable, especially on a wide open hole like that where there is zero advantage or affect of that kind of nit picking over placement.

Last edited:
Screen cap of first fault.

Foot on the line of play? Looks likely but not conclusive.

Within 30 cm of the mini? Possibly not.

especially on a wide open hole like that where there is zero advantage or affect of that kind of nit picking over placement.
Again, its not about nit picking to get around something. Its about making sure your supporting point is where its supposed to be when you release.

Last edited: